What person/persons/group is behind the rebranding of Jehovahs Witnesses

by truthseeker 21 Replies latest jw friends

• Magnum
    Magnum
    truthseeker: We think we know why and say it was on poor retention of children and teens, but is there more to this?

I believe the retention rate for JW offspring is part of it, but, also, I think they were just worried about the stagnancy, lack of sense of urgency with no end date to keep up excitement, etc. The religion was (and still is) getting clobbered on the internet, and it was beginning to seem more and more irrelevant and old-fashioned. JWs finally realized that they can't win the doctrinal/theological arguments like they used to think they could.

So with all that in mind, I think they were desperate. They saw that their ship was sinking; they saw the writing on the wall. They realized the internet was killing them, so they had to embrace it. I really feel that they looked to a commercial firm for rebranding. It was too much, too drastic, and too quick for it to have come from inside. They sold out. I'd love to observe the reaction of Fred Franz if he rose from the grave and observed the current state of JWdom.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

What person/persons/group is behind the re-branding of the Jehovah's Witnesses ?

Answer ........

• Magnum
    Magnum
    Finkelstein, that sure fits the feeling I have for JWdom now. It seems so clownish and undignified and silly and shallow and commercial.
  • Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Yes you'll find Jehovah under the big JWorg. sign.

If you want a good time come to the the nearest Kingdom Hall for fun, laughter and smiles, although a bit forced and pretentious.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

The re-branding will not of itself save them from the inevitable decline that is already occurring.

It may halt the loss of some older ones, but they are not the contributors of the future, in money and in time.

What will strike at the heart of this Org, and many commercial Corporations, is that the new generation of Adults do not simply accept hierachical arrangements and authority without question.

The days of the G.B being the Popes of New York are numbered, the days of them saying "Jump !" and the R&F saying "How high" are fast becoming the days of the G.B saying "Jump!" and the R&F saying "Why?".

• Magnum
    Magnum
    Phizzy: The re-branding will not of itself save them from the inevitable decline that is already occurring.

Yes!!! Cool!!! I love finding out that others feel that way; I feel that way, too. I agree with your entire post above and find it interesting watching the situation develop.

• William Penwell
    William Penwell
    Someone mentioned on another post that they have some PR company now handling their new image. It all makes sense as I do not think any of the GB are bright enough to figure this out. It is all about image, no matter how corrupt the message is. Regardless they can't get away from their history of lies.
  • William Penwell
    William Penwell

They sold out. I'd love to observe the reaction of Fred Franz if he rose from the grave and observed the current state of JWdom.

I can still hear his piercing voice saying how the religious harlot, Babylon The Great prostituted herself to the wild beast. What would he think of the new branding? I am pretty sure it wouldn't be happening if he was still alive.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Don't be too surprised that the Watchtower and Awake identifying names for the WTS magazines is eventually dropped, those identifying magazines holds much of the organization's previous commercialized lies and Bullshit.

• SAHS
    SAHS
    All this new glittery cyber stuff is really just an attempt at rekindling some of the excitement of their old “glory days” of yesteryear, when people would say about their new public spectacles, “Ooh, that’s amazing! I wonder where that will go.” But all they’re really doing is just trying to clean up their image. It’s just like taking a dirty, germ-ridden lollipop up from the dirty, shitty ground and giving it a little pretty coat of icing – which reminds me of their own illustration in the book What Does the Bible Really Teach?, chapter 16, paragraph 12 (on page 159): “Suppose you saw a piece of candy lying in the gutter. Would you pick up that candy and eat it? Of course not! That candy is unclean. Like that candy, holidays may seem sweet, but they have been picked up from unclean places. To take a stand for true worship, we need to have a viewpoint like that of the prophet Isaiah, who told true worshipers: ‘Touch nothing unclean.’ – Isaiah 52:11.”

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit