What person/persons/group is behind the rebranding of Jehovahs Witnesses

by truthseeker 21 Replies latest jw friends

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

With the JW rebranding program in full swing, who do you think is behind all this? I'm not certain the governing body came up with these ideas. At least not the old Guard which died off around 2009.

Given the fairly recent articles in the Kingdom Ministry and Watchtower about the dangers of the Internet and having the latest gadget, this rebranding effort can't have been in the works for much more than three years.

The makeover is slick...very slick...and very clever. Beyond the mindset of GB 2.0. And given the lack of college education, whoever designed this new marketing tool knew exactly what they were doing and were well versed in human psychology.

JW TV, JW animations and the logo are not the ideas of amateurs.

If we could find out those really responsible for this religion's makeover, it would go a long way to solving the puzzle as to why the makeover was really necessary. We think we know why and say it was on poor retention of children and teens, but is there more to this?

• smiddy
    smiddy

It is obviously the overlapping generation of the first generation that has come up with these new brainwaves , soon to be followed by the overlapping of the second generation who overlapped the first generation , so these future generations that have overlapped the previous generations with their nu-lite will blow your mind , if it hasn`t already done so.

smiddy

• ducatijoe
    ducatijoe

Outstanding point. Who is behind all this new look.

Damm I am glad to be out. Would hate rolling one of the crazy carts around.

And say.... how much does the GB charge for them? Anyone know.

Hope the bought lots of Apple stock before they told millions of followers to go out and buy I pads.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

They copied the Mormon / later day saints website.

https://www.lds.org/?lang=eng

http://www.mormonchannel.org/

go to the sections for kids, youths, adults etc....

Have you ever checked it out? Seriously, it makes the jw.borg look childish!

• Coded Logic
    Coded Logic

Wow, amazing how much the JW site and the Mormon site look alike. It would be really easy to confuse the two. Same color scheme and layout . . . and "bible based" BS. Mormons got the JWs one upped with the family search they can do for Genealogical and family history. Pretty slick I gotta say.

When I start a religion (to make gobs of money) I'll be sure to borrow that feature. Any one want to buy my new age woo?

• joe134cd
    joe134cd
    I believe GB.02 have to get more busy on the net. The battle ground isn't been fought on people's door steps it's been fought in cyber space. They have to free things up for the R&F allowing them to set up individual web sights. Encouraging preaching on net. There is just toooo much bad stuff out there and they need to drown it out.
  • Zoos
    Zoos
    They have to free things up for the R&F... Encouraging preaching on the net.
  • Zoos
    Zoos
    If their presence on Yahoo Answers is any indication of how that plan is working out, they're in trouble. Those fools are making Jehovah's Witnesses out of themselves.
  • OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    They copied the Mormon / later day saints website.

Uuuummm...there is a multi-media company, based in Salt Lake City, that is owned by a JW. The company does re-branding, market analysis, website-building, etc.

Jus' sayin'.

• zeb
    zeb
    .. and what does the Mormon folks think of this?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit