denying that I was baptized seems to have worked!

by mkr32208 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• freedomlover
    freedomlover

this cracks me up............

it's pure genius!!!!

claim temporary amnesia.....can't remember being baptized!! I LOVE IT!!

ha ha ha ha ha ha

• Rooster
    Rooster

Once a person becomes one of Jehovah’s Witnesses, is he always counted as such?

No, Jehovah’s Witnesses are not like religions who hold, ‘Once a member, always a member.’ A small percentage of individuals choose to disassociate themselves from the Christian congregation or are expelled because they are unrepentant wrongdoers.

On one occasion many disciples turned away from Jesus and "would no longer walk with him." (John 6:66) The Bible also explains that if a Christian unrepentantly practices gross sin, the congregation is to ‘remove the wicked man from among themselves’ and ‘quit mixing in company with him.’—1 Corinthians 5:9-13.

Thus, today, if a Christian falls into a course of sin, a committee of spiritually qualified elders meets with him. They want to see if he is repentant and can be readjusted. (Galatians 6:1) If not, the elders obey the Bible’s direction to disfellowship the sinner so that the congregation will be "free from ferment."—1 Corinthians 5:7.

Or, as mentioned in John 6:66, occasionally a Witness on his own initiative will decide to leave the way of truth. He may even make known his decision after the committee begins to look into his wrongdoing. He may inform them in writing, or state before witnesses, that he wants to disassociate himself from the congregation and not be known as a Witness. Then it will no longer be necessary for the elders to continue their investigation. However, the elders would then make a brief announcement of his disassociation so that the congregation will know that he "went out from us." (1 John 2:19) They then will adhere to the inspired injunction ‘not to receive such a one into their homes or say a greeting to him, so as not to become sharers in his wicked works.’—2 John 10, 11.

Hence, people are not compelled to remain a part of the devil's congregation. But the vast majority of Jehovah’s Witnesses have the attitude of the apostles who voluntarily stuck by Jesus, receiving his spiritual help and enjoying the warm fellowship of God’s congregation.—Luke 22:28

• Poztate
    Poztate
    I've not heard back from them no calls no stopping by no announcement... I wonder if this will stop them from bugging me?

Don't break out the champagne just yet. This is a new twist you gave them. They are probaly running this past WT LEGAL to see if there is any way they can screw you into the ground without being sued for it. With the backup in lawsuits and legal problems for them look for them to do something about you in a couple of months or so. Hope I am wrong.

• reaper
    reaper

The fact the WT Society did not even exist way back in Jesus day, seems to have escaped the numbskulls attention.

If anyone left JESUS they left the TRUTH, not Christians who leave a lying Satanic Cult.

And when Paul spoke about NOT EVEN EATING WITH SUCH A MAN, he was talking about NOT partaking of the bread and wine at communion.

They twist EVERYTHING that evil religion.

And Paul was talking about people who practiced SIN not entering anothers house, NOT A PERSON WHO has seen the lies and deceipt of an Organisation that tries to put itself in the place of Jesus as the Mediator between the Other Sheep and the Almighty God.

• VM44
    VM44

The date of baptism is recorded on one's Publisher Card, which is kept usually by the secretary of the congregation. --VM44

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

Or they will ask your Mom.

• Es
    Es

well done!!!!!

es

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit