Thinking about doing a long fast

by Elsewhere 15 Replies latest jw friends

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

Mother is in a Pentecostal religion. She was always "fasting and praying" for her children. Lot's of time, I think she would fast with tea, chicken broth, and water. I don't know if it helped us children be any better, but it did seem to make her feel better.

When we were sick, another belief of hers was to rub us down with olive oil that had been prayed over. As you know, olive oil is becoming one of the main ingredients in many lotions. Must have been something to it?

• Purza
    Purza

All I can offer is GOOD LUCK!

I am currently following the Weight Watchers point system "way of eating" and sometimes it feels like I am fasting. Ugh. However, I do feel healthier. . . and lighter.

Purza

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

I found this site Elsewhere. It might be useful to you?

http://www.healingdaily.com/juicing-for-health/how-to-fast.htm

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas

I have no information, but was wondering: if you take your time with it and do several days of fasting, could it be considered a slow fast?

j

• Carmel
    Carmel

I do a 19 day fast once a year but it is much like the Muslim fast. You don't eat or drink anything during sunup to sunset. Takes about three days to get used to but then you begin to stop feeling hungry in the early afternoon and your energy level actually increases. By the time sunset comes around you really don't care whether you eat or not. Then's the time to drink two big glasses of water then wait fifteen minutes to half an hour before eating. If you aren't glutinous, (the water helps) you will begin to see signficant weight loss and sleeping is improved if you are prone to toss and turn a lot....A great time for reflection and meditation if you are so inclined...

carmel

• Siddhashunyata
    Siddhashunyata

I fast regularly on just water (distilled). Usually 1 1/2 days per week with a 3 or 4 day fast every 4 to 6 weeks. Always drink water, plenty of it. If possible, break the fast with a salad that includes grated carrots. This will sweep the intestinal lining. Try Paul Bragg's book "The Miracle of Fasting". It is balanced and reasonable. How you begin and end a fast can extend the cleansing benefits, you will get artful at using fruits , vegetables and juices at the beginning and end . This will extend the benefits and the whole process can use up nearly half of your weekly diet ie 1 and 1/2days on water, 1 and 1/2 days on juices, fruits and vegetables. That will improve you health. Fasting can , at times create a cleansing crises and many people become afraid and give it up. Hang on . It will pass. Do not attempt a fast longer than 4 days until you get more knowledge and until you have prepared your body with several months of short fasts. I have fasted for 10 days on just water but that was after over a year of short preparatory fasts. I have also fasted 17 days on fresh spinich and carrot juice and water. Very beneficial but again I was physically and mentaly ready. Regards.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit