Thinking about doing a long fast

by Elsewhere 15 Replies latest jw friends

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

For health reasons, I like to do a fast for about three days from time to time. I've been reading about seven and ten-day fasts and I'd like to hear more about them.

Has anyone here done seven or ten day fasts? If so, what was your experience? What did you drink other than water? Did you eat fiber?

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

Else, I've done fruit juice (unsweetened) fasts for up to three weeks. Lots of energy, great weight loss, feels great. Just don't travel too far away from the terlet.

Frannie

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

Brown Rice, Water, and all the fruits and vegetables you can eat. I did this once. I did feel great. The downside is that you get really hungary and are allways eating something. It's worth it though.

• Bryan
    Bryan

I'm about to do a "All, Cooked, Flesh Fast."

Bryan

• JH
    JH

Interesting topic. I guess it must do good to the body to fast, and get rid of toxins and excess weight.

I' m sure that some illnesses could be avoided if people ate a little less.

• JH
    JH
    Thinking about doing a long fast

do it

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

Just be sure your ready. It was weird realizing that I missed chewing. Set a date and plan on it, rather than deciding at the last minute by telling yourself, 'ok, tomorrow, I'll do this'.

I only ever lose 5 lbs or so, but do feel better and do not eat as much once I start eating again. I didn't drink anything else, although it advised it drink some kind of tea (can't remember now).

Drink plenty or you will get hungry!

I'll send you the instructions I used.

• hubert
    hubert

For a minute there, I thought you wrote..."Thinking about doing a long fart".

Well, maybe that will come later, after your "diet".

I gotta get new glasses.

Hubert

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    For a minute there, I thought you wrote..."Thinking about doing a long fart".

Here ya go...

http://rivendell.fortunecity.com/demons/103/sounds/new/squeak.wav

• hubert
    hubert

Ha !!! I can match that, easy !!

Whew! Stinks in here.

Hubert

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit