Does the word "Jehovah" cause you anxiety?

by undercover 11 Replies latest jw friends

• undercover
    undercover

So I was listening to the radio and an old Grateful Dead song was on. "The Music Never Stopped" was the song. I haven't heard the song in a while and I was bebopping along to the music when the lyrics "They're a band beyond description, like Jehovah's favorite choir" was sung.

I kinda just froze for a split second and lost my breath. A flood of weird thoughts and feelings rushed through my head. It was a little unnerving. I had what I guess could only be described as a mini anxiety attack.

I've never really been bothered by the word, the concept or the idea of "Jehovah" since trying to leave the JWs, but this was truly a weird happening when I heard it in the song today.

Can anyone relate to this experience?

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

It used to but now when I run upon the name I think of a sock puppet

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Jehover can suck my [Censored under authority of the Internet Decency Act of 1843]

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Never really felt any anxiety about the name. Though it does not cross my lips mostly now. I have substituted the more respectful 'Father.'

I am reading Jehovah Unmasked now - and that is starting to make me nervous that I prayed to this God named Jehovah for so long.

Jeff

• blondie
    blondie

I used to feel that way about my father's name. When I meet people with his name, a little lump forms in my throat until I spend some time around them. I only worry that using "Jehovah" might cause others anxiety, such as in my WT review.

• Saoirse
    Saoirse

The use of the name Jehovah bugs me because it seems disrespectful to call God by his supposed first name. I wouldn't dream of calling my father by his first name. Jesus referred to God as his Heavenly Father, shouldn't JWs, who claim to be Christians, follow his example?

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

Dosn't bother me. I can see how it may cause some anxiety in odd situations. Like when Witnesses start saying Jehovah this and Jehovah that. This allways made me feel uncomfortable when there was people who where non witnesses around. I felt it made us look like we were crazy because we didn't know how to just say God.

• Poztate
    Poztate
    I can see how it may cause some anxiety in odd situations. Like when Witnesses start saying Jehovah this and Jehovah that.

I know I created a lot of anxiety with my wife. I stopped using the term "jehovah" and started to just say god. She finally got all excited and said YOU MEAN JEHOVAH DON'T YOU The other thing I noticed they can't (in Canada at least) just say jehovah they have to say jehovahgod as if to validate their name.

• justice for all
    justice for all
    when Witnesses start saying Jehovah this and Jehovah that.

I know this sister that is always using ''Jehovah this'' and ''Jehovah that''in public places.I recall one time being with her in a crowded Starbucks,the place was bustling.Within a matter of about 30 mintues the people cleared out.''Literally''she didn't have a clue. She just kept rattling on ...Jehovah this and Jehovah that....use to really embarrass me.''Yeah'' causes me anxiety.

• justice for all
    justice for all

I LIKE THIS SUBJECT AND IT'S ALREADY BURIED.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit