i just had to share

by walkaway 14 Replies latest jw friends

• walkaway
    walkaway

i met a friend of mine for lunch today, and lunch extended into coffee. now this is a girl from a rural background and always seemed to be doing the right thing. As coffee progressed she asked me what i thought of the new blood card- we discussed that for a while, then she mentioned another doubt. I asked her directly "have you been reading these things on some websites" she looked at me as if she had been caught- then i confessed my doubts to her. we spoke for the best part of 11/2 hours about everything 607, time of the end, exclusivity, views on university.......everything! . i really can't believe it- a girl in my own congregation with the same issues that i have and it gets better- she said that another sister and her have been discussing the same things, and i said that i and another brother have been doing the same. It all seems so unreal- it turns out i'm not alone in our hall!!! sorry if this doesn't make much sense- i am just so excited.

• Lilycurly
    Lilycurly

This is exciting! wow! It must feel so great to know that you are not alone. I'd love to know how many people have doubt and don't dare to say it.

• jgnat
    jgnat

OK, just keep in the mind that any one of the group of you could have a fit of conscience and turn you all in. If I were you I'd also have a heart-to-heart with that sister and agree together to say NOTHING to the elders if they catch wind of rebellion in your hall.

Also, start making an exit plan. Just in case.

• tall penguin
    tall penguin

Wow walkaway, that's great! It's great when you can share the journey with someone. Makes it that much easier to leave. I hope you can continue to discuss these things openly. I hope too that some of your friends don't have a "change of heart" and turn you in to the elders, or at the very least, cut off their ties with you. This happened to me before I left. A very close friend cut me off after we'd been discussing our doubts for some time. She could only go so far in her thinking and in the end, wasn't ready to leave the org.
    Enjoy this, just be careful.
    tall penguin

• Legolas
    Legolas

Wow that's great!

Maybe you are all the board here and don't know it!

• walkaway
    walkaway

of course i'll be careful- we already agreed to be silent about this, perhaps not even talk about it for a while- at the moment it is just doubts, she suggested that she might even be here though. One thing to keep in mind however is that she hasn't been the most regular at meetings for sometimes and has been irregular on service for the last two months-anyway i have to go to work- sigh, thanks for the kind words of warning so far though.

• greendawn
    greendawn

It will be great if all of you get out together, there are tens of thousands of JWs leaving every year because the FDS do not and indeed can not address the issues that perplex them. Over the years they lost as many members as they still have obeying them.

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

I think the "young ones" are looking at the organization in ways their parents and grandparents never thought of. These people were told that they would see Gods promises and now, later in life are fading away, without those promises fullfilled. In time these kind of hollow promises that go unfullfilled really leave a mark.

Keep up the good work. Mabye i'll be a little bit more open in my conversation with others too.

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

This has got to be the case in many if not most congregations. People keep coming on here saying they had doubts, but thought they were alone in having them. If everyone stays silent, everyone thinks they're the only ones.

Glad you're here, thrilled for you and your friend. I hope we can find a way to get to those on the inside that think they're alone.

Dave

• yaddayadda
    yaddayadda

Thanks for sharing that. very interesting. I think more and more of this is going on right now, especially as evidenced by the huge drop in pioneer numbers last service year.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit