Donation Arrangement, is it Worldwide?

by wanderlustguy 15 Replies latest jw friends

• blondie
    blondie

Notice these notes from the 2000 WT Annual Meeting telling about how the donation arrangement was instituted in Haiti and South Africa and how it affected JWs.

But there were
    a couple of key points evident in many of the reports:
    1. The pressing need for many Kingdom Halls; and
    2. The clear benefits that have followed the instituting of the donation
    arrangement worldwide
    Because of the institution of the donation arrangement, it was reported from
    Haiti that now they see everyone attending the meetings has their own
    Watchtower and literature. (Literature placements there have quadrupled.)
    Also in South Africa, formerly many didn't have their own copy of the
    Watchtower for the meetings. Now they all have their own copies and they
    also have their own study books. S.A. prints 55 different language editions
    and the demand for some of these has increased by 4 times.

http://www.freeminds.org/h2o/289007.html

I was under the impression that the donation arrangement went worldwide in 2000. I do remember some discussion about it on JWD back then.

• johnny cip
    johnny cip

i allways talk to jw's in the field misery. and i allways ask what country they Are from . and now much the wt costs $$$$$$ in their old country. in the last few years. jw's have told me, it's still sold for a fixed price. in central america, jamaica, and some africian countries. this was straight from jw's mouths. i would also guess the wt is still selling for a fixed price. in eastern europe, and many asian countries.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Interesting quotes Blondie.

Maybe they did. Those quotes sure seem to indicate that they did in those parts of the world at least.

Anyone who can nail this down as to all countries?

You know - they may have found out that they garner better funds this way than the other in some places. The local witnesses most likely pony up at the lit counter if they have the funds. Prob much of the lit was being traded for chickens and eggs among the poor. I know that was common here in the poor parts of the US at times.

Then again, gaining converts is crucial to growth, and with free lit they have a better chance of getting the propoganda to the masses.

Jeff

• wanderlustguy
    wanderlustguy

This is kind of frustrating...can anyone say definitely yes or definitely no?

• johnny cip
    johnny cip

i was talking to this jw on vacation from guatamala (spelling) about 6 months ago. he told me clearly . the mag's are sold for a fixed price. in that country.

• VM44
    VM44

To avoid paying taxes is also the reason food is not longer served at conventions and assemblies.

"Simplification" means "We're not paying any taxes!" to The Watchtower!

--VM44

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit