What MUST Jw's believe that they don't KNOW they believe?

by AlmostAtheist 59 Replies latest jw friends

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Derek:Aye, though it makes exJWs stop and think and go "wow!" LOL

One thing I found amazing was that allegedly infinity minus infinity does not equal zero, since you can define infinity with a fixed integer.

Also, one divided by infinity does not equal zero, either, though there much reach a "bugger it" point wth that, too

Physicists have a lot less patience than mathematicians

Mathematically, of course, you are entirely correct. Though I still say you're wrong about the Jesus thing

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    Silly. You're not in "God's memory" until after you die.

Is this why all my thousands of prayers have gone unanswered? If God can't remember me, than he probably can't remember my prayers either. That would explain why millions of dollars are not materializing on my kitchen table each morning.

W

• rick1199
    rick1199

1. The governing body is inspired by Jehovah (not true)

• M.J.
    M.J.

The members of the 144,000 were always his "faithful slave", from pentecost onward. They had reservations in heaven, and were intimately known by Christ, being his "bride".

Upon his return, he forgot he had a bride and did a little "window shopping" with all the people who didn't know him from Adam and were already judged to be unfit for heaven, just to see if they had anything better to offer.

• Terry
    Terry
    Just musing on this.

The Bible tells us that Noah took "animals" into the ark. Are insects animals?

There must have been a lot of debris floating around after the waters came. We have all seen pictures of floods hitting areas. Trees ripped up, houses smashed etc.

So why couldn't insects have just hitched a ride on that. After all most insects can go weeks without the need to eat. Just think of trees ripped up by the Flood. It would be the insects own personal Ark. Leaves for those that eat leaves, wood for the wood boring insects etc. Also the majority insects in the world are very small.

Also think of all the bodies, human and animals, again just right for flies and other insects that would lay their eggs on rotting flesh.

What did the carnivores eat once they were released from the ark? It would take a long period of time for the usual prey to reproduce and get their population up high enough to survive extinction by the predators.

The rate at which the rain would have to come down in order to cover the mountaintops in the time alloted would be enough to smash the roof of said Ark.

The people outside the ark were not just wicked people who heard and didn't listen to the Noah warning messege. There would have been children who wouldn't understand, toddlers, suckling infants and pregnant women with a living fetus in their wombs who would suffer a God-induced abortion! The arbitrary nature of this judgement against mankind almost defies rational analysis.

The Muslims don't believe Allah "cares" for mankind. Muslims believe Allah does what he damned well pleases which often includes destructive acts that are whimsical and arbitrary. Muslims don't think God is made happy by believers or irked by non-believers; Allah is so above human emotion and thoughts that he can turn on a dime and leave logic in the dust. This story of Noah is a lot closer to describing the Muslim sort of God than the Christian one.

T.

• mark hughes
    mark hughes

sir82, I love the point on the ark! Can't wait until I get the next jw knocking on my door. Another point to add, if two of each animal was taken into the ark I would take an educated guess & say this included kangaroos? Now as we are lead to believe the ark came to rest on mount sini (I think thats how it's spelt) then how the heck did they get to Australia? Im no expert at these kind of things but can kangaroos swim?.....A FEW HUNDRED MILES? Mind you they can jump. That must be the answer I'm converted....ah....I've just seen a hedgehog in my garden I don't think his ancestors swam here.....I wonder If a bird carried him? Sorry just trying to keep an open mind.

• Tuesday
    Tuesday

Per James Caputo's Judicial Meeting he asked:

The Faithful and Discreet Slave has been in effect since Paul's day, where's the link between the times of the bible and 1870-whatever with Charles T. Russell?

It's always been in exhistence, where's the lineage? JW's ask Catholics to show the line between the Pope and Peter, why not hold the same over them.

• VM44
    VM44

All JWs HAVE to believe in the year 607 BCE, even if there is no evidence for it.

For from that year it follows the year 1914, and from that year follows ALL the authority that The Watchtower claims!

--VM44

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

One thing most JWs don't realize is that the WTS teaches that Jesus is not their mediator but only mediator for the anointed.

• M.J.
    M.J.

animals weren't carnivores before Adam sinned.

Dinosaurs came some time during the symbolic days before man was created.

Consequence: Tyrannosaurus Rex ate plants.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit