"in" Family driving me crazy on social media

by freemindfade 19 Replies latest jw experiences

• ozbrad
    ozbrad
    Defriending ,shunning same thing really.
  • LisaRose
    LisaRose
    You can control who sees individual  posts. I have one list that includes everyone and one that is everyone but JW relatives. if it's anything they might object to, like holidays, then I exclude them.
  • stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2
    Not so much on social media, but anytime I talk on the phone with my father, he has to preach.....it's so annoying....
  • AFRIKANMAN
    AFRIKANMAN
    Use whatever blocking options are available to keep them at bay.
  • smiddy
    smiddy

I deleted myself from .FB .. I couldn`t see the sense of it .

smiddy

• flipper
    flipper
    FREEMINFADE- I know that can be a real challenge for those of us ex-JW's who use social media- especially Facebook. One reason I've never signed up for Facebook. I have some of my JW family who uses that site and some of them would be just itching to get me in trouble so I'd possibly lose relationships with my mom who is older. So I steer clear of those sites. I have enough challenges just dealing with the still active JW members in my extended family already- I don't need more challenges. Hang in there, I wish you the best. It's not easy
  • JWdaughter
    JWdaughter
    Before I shut off my FB, the only posts that were for the public were the ones that I shared. When going to other's, I often see everything ever posted to them. TMI. Ultimately, I got sick of it, so no more FB. I hate social media mostly. I waste enough time here.
  • FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway

Fb was awesome for reconnecting with very old friends who had left or were disfellowshipped when I realized that I was going to lose everyone in my present life. It definitely helped me during that dark time of feeling utterly alone. I still get together with found old friends. Now tho I'm kind of sick of FB, I guess because I'm not so desperate and have a real life now :).

• Fleshybirdfodder
    Fleshybirdfodder
    Facebook came a few years after my 'fade/awakening to my indoctrination'. I had JW 'friends' on my account, but decided to alienate them with an unapologetic assertion of my indifference to, and independence from, the society's abject nonsense. Most went running for the hills at the slightest whiff of my 'apostasy'. It was kinda fun. The other ones who stuck around to get their misguided, self-righteous, intellectually lazy jibes at me I simply put through my own judicial committee process and disfellowshipped them from my life - online, and everywhere else. I'm sure I can't understand what you are going through with so much of your family so fully immersed in the Watchtower's fascist blarney. I hope, and I'm sure, that you will be able to find a community among the 7 billion people on this planet who have no idea about, and no interest in, what this fringe, apocalyptic cult is wasting its time blathering about. Keep up with your fade, and be excited about the rest of your life! It's worth it. It sure was for me.
  • Hortensia
    Hortensia
    On each post there's a little icon in the upper right corner. If you click it, you can choose "I don't want to see this" and it will disappear, but it won't unfriend the person who wrote it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit