"in" Family driving me crazy on social media

by freemindfade 19 Replies latest jw experiences

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

Does any other fader who maintains a minimal connection to preserve family ties have this issue:

I post something on IG, Facebook whatever. And from my super zealous family I get preachy posts. I F%$#ing hate it. My huge amount of non JW friends must think they are insane and not understand what the hell they are talking about half the time because its in JW speak. And the part that pisses me off most, is I feel they are preaching at me like Im some idiot who has never heard these things before. A friend died and I posted the pic on IG you can imagine the crap they posted. Or if i put on anything positive about success or pics of me enjoying my life, its like "oh someday we'll really have the real life"... "Hint hint... stop enjoying yourself, that's for later sinner!"

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

Oh man...I know how you feel. I have a over zealous family member. When they write anything to me it sounds like I'm reading a Watchtower. Makes me sick! They are probably putting in some time. lol

• cappytan
    cappytan

I'm at the very beginning of a slooooooow fade, so it's not that noticeable yet that I'm actually fading.

But, I am pretty much completely disconnected from Social Media precisely because I'm sick of that crap. I deleted my Facebook account. I only post pictures of my kids on Instagram. I don't use Twitter. I'm really really tired of dealing with people on Social Media.

If I don't want to deal with you in real life, why the hell would I deal with you online every single day?

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot
    I don't know much about Facebook but can't you unfriend them?
  • freemindfade
    freemindfade
    Well I can either start removing family and friends because they are a pisser on social media, or just be myself and let them remove themselves because I'm "offensive"
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot
    Do they know you're out? You might want to post links to apostate websites. That should make them runaway. But if not, it seems that you'll have to take the initiative.
  • freemindfade
    freemindfade
    No, they just consider me weak. All my family (and its large) is pioneers, elders, MS.. almost nobody is just a publisher out of a good 60 people. 
  • OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe
    This (among other reasons) is why I don't facebook.  
  • compound complex
    compound complex

Yes, freemindfade, I understand. 

I usually say nothing, but when there are judgmental attitudes, I kick in, putting my "correction" in WT terminology that the most die-hard JW cannot refute (especially when an uber-JW spouts 'sinner so-and-so had his chance and I know Jehovah's mind on this!'). 

Also, I like to quote from publications on lame assertions that are based on the current mindless, ever-vacillating theology. 

If you want to comment at all -- and that's a big WANT TO -- you have to use their bases of reference and understand where they are coming from. A left-handed version of theocratic warfare, I guess.

I do feel your pain!

CC

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    I have social media accounts, but post almost nothing. It's a convenient way to invade other people's privacy and give up none of my own.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit