2 Deaths in 2 weeks...gawd I hate this.

by wanderlustguy 27 Replies latest jw friends

• wanderlustguy
    wanderlustguy

My 1st cousin and friend died yesterday. She was a good friend to me and I beleive loved me unconditionally. Back when she and her family were DF'ed I shunned them to a degree and regretted it lately. We had been back in good with each other recently, they were reinstated a few years ago. I was kinda dragging my feet driving back to LA, hoping to miss the memorial service, and I'm definitely not making the funeral tomorrow. My brother told everyone I was on the way and next thing I know I'm "expected" to show up. A quick stop at the rest area to shave the goatee down to match the rest of the 3 day "on the road" stubble and onward I went. I thought about not shaving, etc...such a trivial thing, isn't it? But I didn't want to get "into it" at a funeral home with 2 strong road days on my brain, all that time thinking about this and that, and it'll grow back in a day or two.

So I walk in and no kidding, most of my family there, no less than 20 dubs. I still am pretty obviously not all about the truth anymore, even with my clean up. I finally made it through all the hugs and fake smiles and oh we've missed you's (bullsh*t, that's why none of you have called me for over 14 years) back to my cousin lying in the coffin. She's barely in her 40's. I couldn't take it, so I turned and walked outside to cry alone, crying for her life of confusion and betrayal. I know she knew the real truth at one point, but couldn't make the break now that I look back. I was sad for that, for the defeat. Defeat in living not for yourself, but for a publishing company.

Another of my cousins came outside after me, one I was also really close to. After a few minutes of the real stuff, you know, the real person coming out from under the org, her being sad for our relative being gone. Then in a blink, I saw it in her face, almost like a robot, she said "you know, Donna (using the name here on purpose, if someone from there is reading this, maybe it's a good thing) made some bad decisions in her life, but in the end she repaired her relationship with Jehovah. Why my husband, who is over the field service reports, said she placed over 100 magazines in November alone, a week of which was spent in the hospital". There's only 1900 people in the parish...ahem. She then said to me, "you know, that's all we have is Jehovah. How do you feel about that?" I felt like I was in a demonstration of how to witness at a funeral or something, that's how I felt about that. I told her I felt more at peace with the truth and where I am with it than ever in my life. That I had finally broken free of worshipping like people told me I should and found what it means to be truly honest and happy. I was proud for my witnesslike evasive answer, but at the same time I wanted to tell her to stop. Stop telling herself she "might" make it to the new system if she worked hard enough and studied enough and placed enough f*cking watchtowers. But then I saw the eyes...the ones that reflect nothing because there is nothing behind them. Everything she knows from what she really likes to what happiness is, is written in some publication on some shelf somewhere in her house or the hall.

This place is dead to me, along with the people in it. They abandoned me a lifetime ago, I just wish I could stop mourning them.

WLG

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

How sad. I'd give you a nice hug if I could.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

I'm so sorry to hear of another loss for you.

Isn't it freaky and sad when they get that look in theri eyes. It really is amazing to see it happen in front of your eyes.

Mourning takes time with a dash of effort. Take all the time you need.

• carla
    carla

I'm so sorry for your loss and for the mourning of your lost family in the most insidious cult on earth. My deepest condolences. carla

• prophecor
    prophecor

Keep your distance, Donnie. Toxic people can turn you in a tailspin.

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

(((WLG)))

Art gives great advice. You can get sucked into the vortex if you aren't careful.

Respectfully,
    AuldSoul

• Es
    Es

So sorry to hear of this......

If you need anything let me know

es

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug
    Mourning takes time with a dash of effort. Take all the time you need.

Wanderlust, (D-man) I have to go with Lady Lee and her comment here. I read this when no one had posted yet and did not know how to put it. I know it hurts like hell. All I can send is thoughts for a better day soon for you. Cry it out, scream it to the sky and let it all go. There will be a peace there for you if you can allow it to come in and envelope you. Crying it out is a start to that place. I really am pulling for you. (You just cant see it because of the dang computer thing) May you have some comfort from the words of those that post here.

• Sassy
    Sassy

Sorry Wander.. its hard losing people we care about..

you did better than me.. I'm not sure I could go back..

• JustTickledPink
    JustTickledPink

I can't stand looking at the indoctrinated people from my former life when they ramble on and on about coming back to meetings etc. Honestly it seems like they are speaking a foreign language. I can't even imagine being back in that place.

I'm really happy with my life and have no regrets, it's just such a shame that some people are still so stuck that they can't see what's really going on.

The mourning for me comes and goes. There are days when something happens and reminds me of a friend or family member and I think about them and wonder about stuff and a bit of sadness strikes me but it's taken me 10 years to make a life for myself and I'm finally at a good place.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit