Bethellite Exodus: Layoffs (blessing from Jehovah)

by DaCheech 11 Replies latest jw experiences

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

I have already seen in my local congregation the "blessing"

This Bethellite couple has been reassigned as SPecial Pioneers, and they have accepted this blessing.

P.S. (edited) I will post in another thread (later) the other bethellite loss in our KH

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

One thing I can be 100% sure of - there will be positive spin on this by the WTBTS

• misspeaches
    misspeaches

I'm sorry I've been away for a bit. Can you elaborate on these 'layoffs'?

• Honesty
    Honesty

It is so encouraging to hear how the Faithful Slave Joe Hoba is blessing the world wide educational work.

• JustTickledPink
    JustTickledPink

Do you realize how much more WORK there is involved in being a special pioneer? and no one to cook meals for you and clean your house .... and how much more door knocking is involved?

That would be a HUGE culture shock as far as I'm concerned.

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41

I'm with JTP on this one. I "had" friends in Bethel who have been there since the early 70's.............this is going to be such a culture shock for them...........it's been like living in a little bubble of protection all those years...........now, they are going to be out there, working, supporting their ministry and dealing with the big bad world on a daily basis. Wish I could be a DNC slip in their book bags to see how it goes down..........

• Forscher
    Forscher

Okay Misspeaches. I can't link you to the threads invovled. but what happened is that it was aanoucned at Bethel last week that they were sending about 1200 people home as the equipment they just finished installing at Walkill rendered them unnecessary. I don't know if you've already found those threads, but that's the skinny.

Forscher

• Lilycurly
    Lilycurly

Ooohh, maybe we're about to witness another mass-exodus like they had in 75. I mean, some of them are bound to question the life-affecting decision. *Remembers the time when they kept encouraging young ones to make a career at Bethel.* That wasn't really that long ago....

• prophecor
    prophecor

Scary to have to suddenly start living your life from the protected bubble of OZ. Many of these individuals have technically become institutionalised. It means never having need of being removed from your comfortable shell, and many never want to. If the folx don't circle the wagons around the hostages, it's gonna be hell to try and live a life once normal.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Why are they REALLY doing this downsizing? Could it be a sign of the beginning of the end for the Jehovah's Witnesses religion? Evil will always be stopped by good eventually. Even Hitler was stopped. Oh yeah, you have a Nazi here and there, but basically they're scattered and hardly any of us give them, as a group, a second thought these days, excepting their insane and violent history.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit