UN Coverup... Help?

by sandy 25 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Kaput
    Kaput
    Further discussions with our local elders resolved only the fact that they have no information at all regarding this. In fact they seem to have no desire to obtain the truth in this matter, but would rather we spearhead this effort, are not the elders to look after the flock and assist in clarifying issues? After insisting they contact the Circuit Overseer it came back that he too had heard nothing of this association.

The elders are not involved in this except to the extent that they are used by the Society to monitor your response to the information about the UN/NGO affair, and to find out if you are still loyal to the organization. The question that was continually hurled at me in discussions with the local body of elders was "do you still believe this to be God's organization for true worship?" Of course, if you say "no", then that's usually "it" for you. I was able to stave them off until I was ready to DA. This afforded me the opportunity to do a mailing to other JWs before it was announced at the KH that I had DA'd. Loyalty is paramount to the WBTS, and the thumbscrews on the JW R&F have been continually tightened since the big purge of the early eighties.

• sandy
    sandy

JackC, thanks for posting you letter. If you don't mind I am going to use bits and pieces of it to create my letter.

• JackC
    JackC

We have already experienced attempts to nail us down on that question, however due to years of ‘education’ on how to side step and deflect we have yet to answer. Soon, when done playing with them, we will DA and be done with it. I do genuinely feel sorry for our PO, he has lost a ‘strong, front row family’ and has even conceded (not in front of others) that our questions and concerns are valid. He’s in a bad position, when we officially go, a lot of heads will turn and he will be left with a lot of fallout.

• Sheri
    Sheri

I did not write a letter, I made one of my many calls to the Society. Of course I was told that they were told they had to join to get continued access to the Library, but gosh this was from a Library Clerk and never put in writing. Yes they would just jump right in with the Beast and not double check this requirement. Of course the Brother that I spoke with said he never read the actual application after explaining it was just like getting a library card. I suggested that he review the requirements on the UN website. I also emailed the UN and asked to confirm this and was emailed back that this was not a requirement for access to the library. I already knew this was not true but for myself I had to go throught the steps. When I asked if the 1991 Awake on the UN was used for their submission of documentation to show how they would show the ability to support the UN mission statement, the Brother said No. Read it and it makes you sick to read the double talk. Shameful.

PEACE

SHERI

• sandy
    sandy

Ok, I just called the WT in New York. I should have recorded the conversation. And I should have been more prepared. I was pretty much speechless. Now, please forgive me this isn't in order.

The guy (I didn't get his name) said yes we were signed up but it was only for access to the Library. He laughed and tried to make it seem like it was no big deal. He said after some time of using their press room, one day somebody told them that they couldn't use it any longer. They said if they signed the form for access they could use it. So the witness signed and was allowed in.

Now these are not exact words but it is preety much what this moran was saying. Then he rambled on and on how they had no idea what they signed until later it was brought to their attention. LOL

God I'm so stupid, while on the phone I was thinking well that could be possible. I didn't even ask a lot of questions, this guy was ready and must have heard them all. He interrupted me when I did try to speak.

He said they have always published things about the UN and their view has never changed and I and others just don't have a balanced view about what the scriptures say regarding government.

He said they never were politically involved and the only reason was to gain access to information that couldn't be found anywhere else at the time they signed up.

I'm sorry everyone for not being able to ask the right questions and make that bastard stumble over his words.

I did catch him on one thing but he tried to sugar coat that as well. At the end of the conversation I asked him isn't it true that three board members had to sign the DPI application. He said yes. (in a tone that said, sure they did, what's the big deal about that?)

So I said and not one of them read through the information to see what was involved? He then said well I'll quote to you what it said: he read the part of the information that said something about being a DPI member isn't actually member status for the UN. I don't remember exactly what he read. I have a poor memory.

Somewhere in the conversation I said it really is hipocritical that you talk badly about the UN and then ask them for their help. He went on how it was necessary to further kingdom interest and ok because it wasn't political. He said the witnesses need credibility in this world.

This conversation is all chopped up. Again I am sorry.

• sandy
    sandy

Also, when the WT rep was telling me how one day they were no longer allowed access he made it sound like the wt researcher just singed a form right there on the spot and was allowed access.

I should have called him on this but I didn't.

• FairMind
    FairMind

I found this topic to be extremely interesting. The ring of truth is in what every post here has said and it agrees with the dealings I personally have had with the WTS. The WTS’ problems are not so much what they teach (except for a few things) but the fact they aren’t guided by their own teachings. This is all catching up to them and I can’t wait to see the final outcome.

• sandy
    sandy
    The WTS’ problems are not so much what they teach (except for a few things) but the fact they aren’t guided by their own teachings.

Well said. I wish I could have said something like that to the rep when we were on the phone.

• sandy
    sandy

Somebody must have got my information here from a thread where I posted my email address.

I got an email from this person, telling me how the UN coverup was exaggerated and just a big joke.

Even with the proof right in front of their eyes people still don't get it.

This person said I could call the WT info desk and they would explain everything to me. I wrote back saying, that is what I already did and the WT rep tried to explain but their excuses were not acceptable.

The more I think about the conversation with the WT rep the more I see how deceitful the WT is.
    He was already prepared with all his answers, I didn't even get a chance to ask the questions.

He said some people think we are hiding this but we just do not want to "dignify" it by responding to it in writing.

• garybuss
    garybuss

So, does this mean we can buy Girl Scout cookies, or not?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit