UN Coverup... Help?

by sandy 25 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• sandy
    sandy

I would like to write to the WT and ask them about their former UN status. Does anybody out there have a letter that they wrote and that I could kind of use as an outline or even copy, if you don't mind?

You can post it here or pm me or even email me at [email protected].

Thanks

Sandy

• Enigma One
    Enigma One

Many letters have already been written. What do you hope to accomplish if you don't mind me asking?

• garybuss
    garybuss

If you write to the Watch Tower, base your letter on a UN letter already written. Ask the Watch Tower questions already addressed by the UN in writing. There are some comprehensive letters written BY the UN about your topic. Don't expect any replies from them.

• Kaput
    Kaput

Dear Brothers;

I am requesting clarification as to the association of the Watchtower Bible & Tract Society with the United Nations which occurred over a period of ten years, from 1992-2001.

Anything along those lines is fine because you're only going to get a form letter back anyway. Send it to:

Christian Congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses
    2821 Rte. 22
    Patterson, NY 12563-2237

• sandy
    sandy

I want to be able to show my family that I actually asked the org myself about the UN. They think it is all lies made up by apostates. They are too afraid to go to their elders and ask. Probably because they don't want to have "rat" me out.

• Enigma One
    Enigma One

Ah....understood. I was hoping you had a new angle or something. Let us know if you get a response.

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

If you get a reply at all, it will be months from now. You'd be better off to call them and record the conversation (if legal in your state [if you care {not that I'm advocating illegal wire tapping}]) or just have one of your relatives on the line when you call.

The number I have for Watchtower is 718-560-5000. I've called before and they admit the UN thing.

Good luck!

Dave

• Kaput
    Kaput

They were pretty quick with a mailed response...about a week or two.

• Honesty
    Honesty
    The number I have for Watchtower is 718-560-5000. I've called before and they admit the UN thing.

Good luck!

Dave

Same number I have.

I called them and taped the conversation (it is legal in TN) to share with all my JW brothers and sisters. It is full of denial and veiled threats from the Service Department. It really rocked the world of one of my ex friends. He is the Service Overseer in his congregation. It sent the brother who 'studied' me into the WT Lie into total denial. He called me a liar even after hearing the evidence. Be prepared to get called all kinds of vile and obscene names because you, in the demented JW mind are attacking their most cherished and revered possession, the Faithful Discreet Slave. I even had one JW say that I had profaned 'our slave'. How about that for irony.

Good Luck,

Bob Evans

Walland, TN.

• JackC
    JackC

My wife and I sent in the below letter a while back. The response came rather quickly, 3-4 weeks, and was what we expected, 'a man at the UN said we needed to become...' along with the finger being pointed at us for deceiving ourselves. They also sited some older WT articles to 'prove their point'. I would share the response letter with all of you but we were not even allowed to hold it, it was read to us. We have drafted a second letter that is a bit more pointed and accusatory in nature. Not that it will help, other than we can hope to give somebody a headache. We will post as soon as a response is given, I am currently trying to get a copy of the response from the first.

We would like to start this letter by affirming our faith in the bible and the promises that Jehovah holds out for us through the sacrifice of his son, Christ Jesus. However recent events and developments within this organization have left us disheartened with our view of the society. We therefore beg of you to please provide the answers that the body of elders in our congregation (xxxxx, New York) and our Circuit Overseer (RxxxxAxxxxx) could not.

We were given a copy a newspaper article from ‘The Guardian’, dated 10/08/01 (Attached). This article led us to inquire with the United Nations directly for confirmation, as well as the CBS news bureau in Manhattan, again confirmation was given that the ‘Watchtower Bible and Tract Society was associated with the United Nations Department of Public Information from 1992 to 2001.’

It was only after this first round of inquires that we quietly approached our Presiding Overseer (xxxxxxxxx). He was taken aback by what we asked and said that he did not question what we found but his gut reaction was one of disbelief, ‘I could not imagine the society ever doing that, didn’t they read the Revelation book?” This too was our initial reaction when we received confirmation of the Guardian’s article.

We both have been raised in the truth and have been baptized more than ten years each. Basic guidelines that have been given repeatedly from the platform and through the pages of the publications, that the slave class has provided, over the years included this simple fact: ‘Don’t even give the appearance of wrong doing, for the very appearance can bring reproach on Jehovah’s name.’ Did we misunderstand this? Does it only apply to publishers, or to all of Jehovah’s people regardless of position?

We both, on separate occasions, called Bethel to make inquiry on this matter. We received two very different responses. First, my wife was transferred form department to department to department until being connected with a brother that reluctantly told her it was the writing department; he also refused to give his name stating that they like to remain anonymous. Being that we are all brothers, this seemed very odd not to ever share names, do we not tell people in the field ministry of the importance of names especially when communicating one on one? The condescending tone in this brother’s voice escalated to disdain and approached anger as he realized that my wife could not in good conscience accept his ‘canned’ answer.

This ‘canned’ answer stated that ‘a man at the United Nations said we need to become an NGO to continue having access to the library facility at the UN.’ It is interesting to note that until the terrorist attack in New York on 9/11 the only thing needed to gain access was a valid passport. In addition to this we have discovered though various sources that the UN makes available all its publications and documents in various depositories around the world, including the NYC library system. So why would access to the grounds of the United Nations as an NGO be needed?

After all, through our investigation, gaining NGO status involves more than signing a library card. It requires complete audited financial documents, signatures from three members of the board of directors, letters of reference from other organizations, and the agreement to disseminate information on behalf of the United Nations (Attached). We find that sharing this information and assisting the wild beast in any measure very disturbing.

We have been told that the reason for withdrawing from UN was that language was added that could no longer be adhered to with a clean Christian conscience. This is wrong, the UN charter for NGO’s has remained unchanged since 1968 when it was fist founded (Attached). We have found no evidence anywhere to support this claim, if you have evidence please forward it to us.

My wife then asked the brother why and how we aligned ourselves with the wild beast of Revelation? The brother responded by asking her if she pays taxes, and that the government is the two-horned beast. Therefore we ourselves are aligning ourselves with the two-horned beast. Her response to this was simple, ‘Jesus told us to pay back Caesar’s things to Caesar.” This brother’s response though short and simple spoke volumes, he hung up. Is this the love that Jesus displayed when his disciples were having trouble understanding something, is hanging up after accusing a sister of being aligned with the two-horned beast loving?

A few days later I called Bethel and was transferred to the service desk at Patterson, the brother there offered no information and directed me to submit all questions on this matter in letterform. So here is our inquiry as directed.

Further discussions with our local elders resolved only the fact that they have no information at all regarding this. In fact they seem to have no desire to obtain the truth in this matter, but would rather we spearhead this effort, are not the elders to look after the flock and assist in clarifying issues? After insisting they contact the Circuit Overseer it came back that he too had heard nothing of this association.

The question we need to ask is this; if this is no big deal, as the elders and CO would lead us to believe, then why has no information been distilled down the ranks to some level? Instead we are required to address this issue directly with the society, where is the organization in that? Is it hoped that this will just go away? We are often reminded that the covering over of a sin is worse that the sin itself. Is this not a cover-up? How are we as publishers to respond to those we meet in the field when they inquire of this association? I realize that mistakes are made, everyday, we are imperfect, but when the actions of one affect millions should not the millions be at least told that its been corrected.

From our viewpoint, as publishers, if a letter was sent to the congregations when this association with the UN was ended it would have given the appearance of no harm no foul, but this side stepping and dodging leads to conclusion we don’t want. Please brothers help us in resolving this matter, please inform us with facts where and why we may be mistaken.

Christian Love,

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit