JWs Speculations on the Paradise

by FadingAway 17 Replies latest jw friends

• Legolas
    Legolas
    Jehoovah could just shrink everybody if the earth got too crowded. If he shrunk people 50%, he just doubled the size of the planet. Plus he just doubled the food supply, and a one level flat is now a two story height house.

LMAO....We could be Hobbits! Just think of the fun we will have!

Hosted by Tinypic.com
  • watch the tower
    watch the tower

Who wants to have a picnic with panda bears and lions for all of eternity?

• Bryan
    Bryan

Yes, I understand your point, but I'm sure Jehoba will inspire the elders to correct your thinking. At that time your greatest joy will be fishing.

Fish will be here forever, along with you. Fish don't get board, why should you? You see... it's all in your thinking. Now please come back to the collective.

Bryan

Have You Seen My Mother

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

This is one of those things I just could never understand. They allways tell the friends to "visualize" themselves in the paradise. What!!!??? Visualize yourself riding the trunk of an elephant (located in the back of the new "bible teach" book).

The paradise doctrine is a good example of how the Watchtowers LITERAL interpretation of the Bible takes people into all kinds of strange and absurd places. People take these symbolic verses out of context and think they actually will have some physical fullfillment. Gosh!

Much can be said for God simply by viewing creation. THERE IS A CYCLE OF LIFE HERE!!!! God created many animals to EAT EACH OTHER. But since there is a bible scripture that says the wolf will reside with the lamb....

I can't believe I bought into the "paradise earth" theroy. There is so little evidence that the Bible really teaches such a thing.

• stillAwitness
    stillAwitness

An ex-friend of mine used to always talk about how when she got married she would just simply "wait for the new system to arrive" before having kids. It seems to be a common thread among those in the "troof"

Imagine! Waiting all your life, sacrificing all your dreams, goals and aspirations for something that will never come. How Sad! I suppose we'll all get a wake up call from God when we die.

I can see it now: "No Sis. BrokenByBethel-you're in heaven; you're not dreaming. Hey! Snap out of it! There is no FDS-that was purely symbolic! Huh? I don't know nothing about no "second death" that you're speaking of. What's gotten into you woman??!

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    An ex-friend of mine used to always talk about how when she got married she would just simply "wait for the new system to arrive" before having kids. It seems to be a common thread among those in the "troof"

Yeah, that was me. Now it's too late.

W

• LDH
    LDH

Fading, Welcome! Yep, I love my kids. They make me laugh every day.

Jehoovah could just shrink everybody if the earth got too crowded. If he shrunk people 50%, he just doubled the size of the planet. Plus he just doubled the food supply, and a one level flat is now a two story height house.

If he reduced the size of people 75%, the planet is 4 times as big. One potato could feed a family of 4 for a week.

Gary, sometimes I just hate ya!

Lisa

Snorting Coffee Class

Fading: Welcome to the board and thanks for the well-reasoned post.

Of course, all of us parents will one day see our kids leave the house, but being denied the opportunity to be a parent would seem rather depressing for many people. I guess Jehovah could rewire our brains to make maternal/paternal instincts disappear. Instead of kids watching you work out, you could revel in having the knowledge that one or more of the annointed ones is watching you to make sure you get the form of your exercises correct and that you eat properly and comply with all Watchtower rules and regulations.

While Jehovah is at it, he'll need to change the dental attributes of the carnivores that will be converted to vegetarians, as most have teeth that will not work well with a vegan lifestyle.

To me, the thought of living an eternity on an earth inhabited only by Jehovah's Witnesses and vegan animals can only be described as "hell on earth."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit