JWs Speculations on the Paradise

by FadingAway 17 Replies latest jw friends

• FadingAway
    FadingAway

There was a thread started not too long ago about how JWs feel what the paradise would entail. One thing I always wrestled with in my mind is that once the earth would be populated with perfect humans that procreation could cease. Eventually the children would grow up and we would be able to associate with perfect adults. The experience I had last night showed me the absudity of that thought.

I have 2 boys, a 3 year old and a 6 month old. My 3 year loves to wrestle and jump on me whenever he gets an opportunity. Whenever we play like this, my 6 month old looks at us and just starts laughing and gigling while he watches us play. Just hearing that laugh and the joy of my 3 year old playing with me is the most perfect gift that my children give to me daily.

Later that night, I went ahead and worked out in my garage. My 3 year old was my training partner. He mimiced every move, grunt and groan I made. There was one point when I got done with an exercise that I was sitting on my bench, hands upon my knees, breathing heavily, my son sits on the opposite side and copies what I'm doing. It cracked me up! That hour and a half workout I did seemed like 30 seconds because he made it so much fun!

I guess what my point is that if procreation were to stop because the earth was filled with worshippers of Jehovah, I would think you would effectively cease the laughter and joy that children bring because there wouldn't be anymore children around. If that is what I have to look forward to in a perfect world, I'm sorry but I have it now with my children. And I hope I get to experience it again when my boys have children of their own. That's just my thought for today, now I need to get back to work!

Everyone have a great day!

FadingAway

• carla
    carla

Nothing like the joys of children! Great reminder.

• Ticker
    Ticker

Nice post. Welcome to the board FadingAway.

Ticker

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

Don't forget, in the JW paradise you'll be able to sit under your own vine or fig tree. You'll have an entire 2 acres of land to cultivate, and you'll have it forever. A stone's throw away, in every direction, another JW will have his 2 acres to cultivate forever. If you're lucky he won't be an elder. Oops, sorry. They'll be called "princes" then, right? Animals won't eat each other, so your lousy 2 acres will be overrun by lions trying to eat your little lawn and whatever other crops you try to grow. That is, if your crops survive the insect infestation caused by their overpopulation since no one's eating them either.

W

• garybuss
    garybuss

The Jehovah's Witness concept of paradise was invented by childless Monks. Rutherford had a son who was sent away to live with his mother. Knorr almost didn't get around to marrying and Franz didn't. The current Watch Tower Society owners haven't invented anything. They are much too busy spending money and being rich.

• greendawn
    greendawn

That's the uninspired vision of the JWs for the future, if this earth does reach the limit then God can open up new worlds for human habitation. Alternatively we don't know how human nature will change over the long term future.

• Legolas
    Legolas

There are people in my old hall that did not have any kids, they said they were waiting for the new system!

The lady I studied with was one of them. I asked her wouldn't the earth be over populated at some point, she said yes that Jehovah would have to cease us having kids at some point. She showed me the scripture that said 'fill the earth' not over fill it.

I heard many theories even space travel....I loved that one, cause I want to go to space!

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

I always toyed with the idea that once planet Earth was fully populated and turned into a paradise we would then have discovered the secrets of anti-gravity and fusion energy so that we could travel to other planets and populate them as well. Otherwise, why did Jehovah make a seemingly limitless universe? Now, though, I see how far mankind would have to go before anything like that would be remotely possible. Plus, living and working under the annointed kings would suck since they would probably have a worse idea of what it's like to live on the "outside" of their illusion-filled life.

• garybuss
    garybuss

Jehoovah could just shrink everybody if the earth got too crowded. If he shrunk people 50%, he just doubled the size of the planet. Plus he just doubled the food supply, and a one level flat is now a two story height house.

If he reduced the size of people 75%, the planet is 4 times as big. One potato could feed a family of 4 for a week.

• JustTickledPink
    JustTickledPink

Talk about being "nothing new under the sun" at that point.

The whole idea of living forever with JWs really bores me. No thank you. Can you imagine though they probably would still have meetings every Tues, Thurs and Sunday.... like reading the bible for the millionth time would be fun or necessary. Wouldn't you have it memorized by then? I guess no more door-to-door though.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit