Fulfillment of Prophecy

by daniel-p 13 Replies latest jw friends

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

It seems to me that every generation has ones who herald the end of the world. Because every generation ends. Such horrible things have happened in times passed - take the Black Plague for instance: it killed 35 million people, a third of Europe's population at that time. If something like that happened nowadays, you'd have EVERY religion saying it was the end of the world, especially people like JW's. Now we get down to such small things (comparably) as planes crashing into buildings killing 3000 people and we think that is a 'sign of the times.' If the Rwanda genocide happened in the US, the Society would have declared the Great Tribulation, no doubt.

The more I look at it, its just Western culture assigning moral guilt on a society that has advanced too fast in the last 150 years.

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

I don't watch The News. But my thinking is that Nostrodamus had more 'hits' than the WTBTS. They are STILL dining out on the 1914 thing - and they didn't even get THAT right - the 'WTBTS' prophesied something quite different to what actually happened.

• greendawn
    greendawn

They can talk about Babylon the great, given their definition of it and their behaviour they seem to be part of her. They are a religion that sits atop its followers feeds them with falsehoods, disorients them as if with alcohol, and constantly exploits them.

It will be good when Babylon falls because they will go down with her. They surely don't want that despite what they say.

• Van Gogh
    Van Gogh

Yeah, it sure is an irrational phobia that is hard to weed out.
    Your Rwanda argument says it all - WTS was happy to let Malawians rot in hell, while their 1919 tennis-match prison spell was touted as captivity by the Great Babba.

Compared with the last 1500 years, the pope has really cleaned up his act though.
    Did you know his cousin is a JW over in Australia? She commented in an aussie newspaper on how he had praised the WTS in a private telephone conversation with her.
    Last thing I heard on this board is that UFO's with demons, disguised as aliens, will be landing soon in order to team up with the pope - all made to perfectly correspond with "dovetailed" scriptures…
    The plot is thickening…
    Theo

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit