All messed up, please help !!!!!!!!!!

by Genesis 22 Replies latest jw friends

• Genesis
    Genesis

Ok this morning i wrote about Panic Crisis so I think I have one now. I was on the forum and in my mailbox there was a message that said me :

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I could not help but feel for you very much. I am an 'oldie' in the truth and have several sons and have gone thru a few dramas in life, which seems to catch us all. However, please, no matter what, never lose your faith that there is a Creator, that there is no real alternative to there being a Creator, AND THAT HE MUST CARE FOR HIS CREATION ENOUGH TO GIVE US SOME INSTRUCTIONS - HENCE THE BIBLE.
    Oops sorry i am not the world's best at typing. But please relax, read Phil 4:6,7 again , maybe even Hosea chapter 11, where God speaks no kindly toward mankind, and maybe Jonah the last chapter where God was worried not just about the people of Nineveh but even the animals! And James 2:13 too.
    There are some very hurt people here on this site, and some who show little wisdom, but there is room for all to listen and learn. I am now 68, have been in the truth and baptised at 13, and still find it easy to respect and love the brotherhood.
    Just remember haw Jesus feels about his 'congregation' as in Rev.chapters 2 and 3, no matter how awful they were, did the bible say Jesus didn't love them? No, and much like the organization today, if there have been changes and wrongs done, does Jesus want to destroy his group of sincere followers, even if they or their overseers get things wrong? hardly.
    So 'genesis', keep calm, don't jump from 'the frying pan into the fire', I would like to believe you are smart enough to keep close to the brotherhood rather than split away on your own and leae the truth, remember that back in times past in the bible the Jews were more blessed by going to Jerusalem to worship than to build an altar in their own back yard, and the Christians were more blessed by sticking with the apostles no matter how poorly some of them were, etc. Just think of all the ones in the Bible that God used, most all of them left much to be desired as humans, but in their human way they loved God and he loved them

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So I am about to move to my father (DF'ed) house in 3 days and will probably be DF'ed for Apostasy. I was sure but thats those kind of message that all mess me up. Reality cant be this, the WT cant be Gods organization for all the frauds and claims they have made, i dont care if they preach in 230 country and are Worldly United... God wont destroy anybody besides Jehovah's witnesses. Sorry, im stressed.

Can you comment, reply or whatever ?

Genesis

• kls
    kls

Would't worry to much about this . Many of us get these pmed to us and it is just someone trying to save you and having no thoughts to what the WT really is . Oh yes let us turn a blind eye to it's lies and murder and keep on ignoring the fact that children are being molested.

If we don't look it isn't there .Right WT

• prophecor
    prophecor

12 Beloved ones, do not be puzzled at the burning among YOU , which is happening to YOU for a trial, as though a strange thing were befalling YOU . 13 On the contrary, go on rejoicing forasmuch as YOU are sharers in the sufferings of the Christ, that YOU may rejoice and be overjoyed also during the revelation of his glory. 14 If YOU are being reproached for the name of Christ, YOU are happy, because the [spirit] of glory, even the spirit of God, is resting upon YOU .

15 However, let none of YOU suffer as a murderer or a thief or an evildoer or as a busybody in other people’s matters. 16 But if [he suffers] as a Christian, let him not feel shame, but let him keep on glorifying God in this name. 17 For it is the appointed time for the judgment to start with the house of God. Now if it starts first with us, what will the end be of those who are not obedient to the good news of God? 18 “And if the righteous [man] is being saved with difficulty, where will the ungodly [man] and the sinner make a showing?” 19 So, then, also let those who are suffering in harmony with the will of God keep on commending their souls { to a faithful Creator } while they are doing good.

1st Peter 4:12-19

• JAVA
    JAVA

Don't worry about it or let it upset you. Many of us get these from time to time--I'm sure it's a good little JW trying to get their 10 hours in for the month without ringing door bells; who can blame them! :)

• Genesis
    Genesis

Sorry for my Panic Crisis. Thank you again for your help. I promise I wont post against when on emotionnal disturb ;). Jeannie spoke to me about Triggering Words in my mind and I think she was very right (Thx Jean) so Ill stay from this sick vocabulary and delete it progressively in my head.

Thank you again

Genesis

ps: Thas me beeing interviewed at de District Assembly on the picture...

• misspeaches
    misspeaches
    I promise I wont post against when on emotionnal disturb ;).

Don't feel that you can't talk to us when your feeling under pressure. By all means start a topic and ask for help. People are in a position here where they can empathise with your feelings and how to overcome them.

Eventually you will move on from JW experience. Things will not be triggered quite so easily. You will move on. Be gentle with yourself. Remember that these things take time. You have many years of experiences to get over.

• prophecor
    prophecor

Yeah, what Peaches Said.

Many of us have been in that period of limbo Genesis. I was there 2 years ago after coming to the assautive conclusion that I'd not been told the half of the truth, about the truth. It can be a bit disturbing at times, and then, overtime, you'll find the heats been turned down. You stop boiling and stewing and you begin to mellow out. It happens. Just takes a little time. Be gentle with yourself. You've probably had enough damage done to you externally enough as it is. It's OK for you to be where you are.

• No Apologies
    No Apologies
    I am now 68, have been in the truth and baptised at 13, and still find it easy to respect and love the brotherhood.

The brotherhood is not the problem, its the two-faced liars at the top running the show that most of here have issues with. All his scriptural examples overlook the fact that once Jehovah moved on to using a new organization, it was up to the individuals to realize this and move along too, i.e. the Jews in the 1st century had to become part of the Christian congregation once it was clear that the nation of Israel was no longer his org. He also overlooks the fact that a person is bloodguilty if they are part of a bloodguilty organization- Rev 18:4-8*

No Apologies

*this of course all assumes you still accept the Bible as some kind of inspired mutterings.

• elliej
    elliej

Woohoo, my first post! I've been lurking here for awhile, but this one finally moved me enough to say something, so here I go...

Just remember haw Jesus feels about his 'congregation' as in Rev.chapters 2 and 3, no matter how awful they were, did the bible say Jesus didn't love them? No, and much like the organization today, if there have been changes and wrongs done, does Jesus want to destroy his group of sincere followers, even if they or their overseers get things wrong? hardly.
    Okay, if this is the case, then what in the world is the Society's problem with Christianity? Notice, "no matter how awful they were". The very same application could be used for Christendom as a whole. Very weak. I'm very unimpressed. Don't pay any attention to this person. Please, pray for guidance and pray for the poor pitiful soul who wrote this to you that they are able to open their eyes to the hipocrisy of the organization they are so eager to defend.
  • jgnat
    jgnat

Go ahead! Post when you are happy! Post when you are blue! Post when you are scared! This would be a boring place if we were always in perfect harmony.

I thought I'd copy the post you received and highlight all the trigger words I know of. Does anyone else see more?

I could not help but feel for you very much. I am an 'oldie' in the truth and have several sons and have gone thru a few dramas in life, which seems to catch us all. However, please, no matter what, never lose your faith that there is a Creator, that there is no real alternative to there being a Creator, AND THAT HE MUST CARE FOR HIS CREATION ENOUGH TO GIVE US SOME INSTRUCTIONS - HENCE THE BIBLE.

Oops sorry i am not the world's best at typing. But please relax, read Phil 4:6,7 again , maybe even Hosea chapter 11, where God speaks no kindly toward mankind, and maybe Jonah the last chapter where God was worried not just about the people of Nineveh but even the animals! And James 2:13 too.

There are some very hurt people here on this site, and some who show little wisdom, but there is room for all to listen and learn. I am now 68, have been in the truth and baptised at 13, and still find it easy to respect and love the brotherhood.

So 'genesis', keep calm, don't jump from 'the frying pan into the fire', I would like to believe you are smart enough to keep close to the brotherhood rather than split away on your own and leae the truth, remember that back in times past in the bible the Jews were more blessed by going to Jerusalem to worship than to build an altar in their own back yard, and the Christians were more blessed by sticking with the apostles no matter how poorly some of them were, etc. Just think of all the ones in the Bible that God used, most all of them left much to be desired as humans, but in their human way they loved God and he loved them

A few thoughts:

Religious leaders were always called to account in the bible. Always. Why would the Watchtower Society be under any kinder judgement? God does not take kindly to beaten sheep.

Leaving the organization is disrespecting the brotherhood?

What is so hazardous about splitting away on your own? All birds fly the nest. Even if they fall they will learn to fly.

I'm imperfect too. God loves me too. Why can't you come out and play with me? Why do you have to endure the "imperfection" in the society? Why?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit