my story

by fordulant 18 Replies latest jw experiences

• Ellie
    Ellie

Thanks for sharing your story Fordulant, I look forward to hearing more from you, welcome to the board.

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist
    at last I am free!

Welcome! Great to have you here, and thanks for sharing your story.

Dave

• DaveNwisconsin
    DaveNwisconsin

First of all Welcome to the forum. This is a place that you can experience healing. The part that I am most happy with you about is that you got out before it was too late. You could have had children and why put them through all this. Be happy, I found a mainsteam religion and totally love it. If you look around you can find peace with God and you will never be unhappy you did that, again welcome, Dave

• evita
    evita

Welcome to the board
    I can't even imagine what you went through when you "outted" yourself to the elders and your family. You must have nerves of steel!
    Glad you've found some happiness and peace now.
    Eva

• greendawn
    greendawn

Welcome to the board, getting baptised at the age of 13 is far too young you don't really know a thing at that age, but it's great that you found your way out of the borg's deceit and exploitation.

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

Hi fordulant, and welcome to the board.

Thankyou for sharing your story, I look forward to hearing more from you

love

Linda

• deeskis
    deeskis

welcome

thanks so much for sharing your story. i'm a nurse too and like to think that our past jw experiences can make us more caring, and empathetic.

best wishes D

• serendipity
    serendipity

Hi fordulant, welcome to the forum!

• misspeaches
    misspeaches

WELCOME! Thank you for sharing so much of your story.

The thing I picked up is that you no longer have to fight an inner battle and have found peace of mind. Which I am sure subsequently you have experienced real love and happiness.

I also appreciated your sentiments that there are some genuine people in the JW's but they are manipulated and really victims of the Watchtower society.

It sounds like you have a real strong head on your shoulders and a honest caring attitude towards people.

Please stick around.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit