My conversation with an elder

by Dune 30 Replies latest jw friends

• loosie
    loosie

Ok so the society corrected the thinking of those people who thought that in 1975 the end was goign to come. But these people were thinking this because the society told them it would.

I wish I had a tape recorder in 1975. Those tapes would be GOLDEN.

• Dune
    Dune

I do @ stillawitnes

Another thing i noticed is that all of the elders in my congregation were made elders a few years after 1975. Its as if after 1975, the standards for becoming an elder dropped. Not that these guys arent qualified *cough* but I find it funny that many of these guys were becoming elders 2 or 3 years after being baptized.

• stillAwitness
    stillAwitness

Thanks Dune

I dunno if this supports what you're saying but I notice there is this one elder in my hall who aint older than what? 25. I mean he's super young. Hell, I'm good friends with his sister!

How qualified is a 25 year old to delegate over a congregation of already twisted souls?

Not to mention he used to always ask me out on dates last year (but now he's married thank god) but he still looks at me all weird when were around each other. YUCK!

• stillconcerned
    stillconcerned

Dune-

wayta bite your tongue..

btw, why the masonic sign on your avatar?

kdn

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

I am going through a judicial committee at the moment. This made me remember that the family of the elder in charge had a car and crossbow hidden in the country in 1975 for when the end came. I will have to remind him when he brings up that the WTS is not a false prophet.
    I have some quotes about 1975 at http://www.jwfacts.com/index_files/Page838.htm

• Dune
    Dune

I'm hoping they'll recruit me. . That should be a good transition.

A couple of months ago, people were all over how russell might have been a free mason. Then this guy was talking about how the board was being infiltrated by masons, i thought it was so funny that i made it my ava and never took it out.

• wheres caleb?
    wheres caleb?

Elders know that apostates are walking in their midsts. (Elders school) What they refuse to accept is … IT HAPPENED UNDER THEIR WATCH!

It’s convenient to blame Satan’s influence and how he is a roaring lion and all … but,

IT ALL HAPPENED WHILE THEY WERE ON WATCH!!

They’re supposed to be shepherds, right? Protecting the flock. When do these people ever accept responsibility for anything?

Being a ‘spiritual policeman’ now is not shepherding the flock. Your effort as an imperfect human is appreciated but it is anything but ‘Christlike’.

I hope the ‘imperfection’ excuse works for you in this regard but just in case you didn’t get it the first time;

IT HAPPENED UNDER YOUR WATCH!

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

Stilla I've been gaga over your new pic since last year!

As to the 1975 thing...where do I begin? I always heard that there was a reference hinting at the date in the truth book. They say that the greatest trick the devil ever pulled was making the world think he does not exist. The greatest insult to our intellegence the WTS ever pulled was getting the R&F to think that it was all of them that blew 1975 into more than it was.

As I said the WTS hides behind the moniker we were just saying thats when man will have been on the earth for 6000 yrs. Thats like saying to a child, there may be some frosting left in the bowl after I ice the cake and being surprise to see him drooling in anticipation when your done.

Not only did we not get any icing in 1975 we found the bowl washed and the whole cake gone period. The WTS said hey it was your own fault, we told you not to be speculating on when the end will come (let alone the fact that they have made a living doing it.) The real tradegy in all of this is THEY DID NOT LEARN THEIR FRIGGIN LESSON. You would think that after lying their way out of that fiasco they would never again hint at or speculate about any key dates again. but of course there was the 'rumor' about 2000 and the latest one about 2034 based on them comparing the 120yrs of noah building the ark and preaching to 1914 (12/15/03wt)

• david_10
    david_10

Stilla, there is an entire chapter devoted to the 1975 debacle in Crisis of Conscience, written by an insider who was on the Governing Body at the time. It's the best account of 1975 that you'll ever read. If you haven't read it, you've got to get it----------------------it's a must-read.

David

• stillconcerned
    stillconcerned

Dune=

Interesting.

My last 'big' molestation case was against the Masonry.....

kdn

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit