You cannot live forever in paradise on earth

by Gopher 43 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• wheres caleb?
    wheres caleb?
    Yes of course! String theory and multi-dimensional habitats. But at the resurrection why not bring everyone back to all be 2 inches tall? Then there'll be tons more space!

Clam!

I love it! Good post.

• ARoarer
    ARoarer

Just stopping in to say hi and Happy New Year to all of you wonderful people. Live Forever????? With all those witlesses? Nah don't think so. They're still trying to draw them in with that one huh? Seems to me that Satan told Eve she would surly never die. Watchtower trying the same tactics with their Paradise spiritual fruit, hoping to fool more witlesses into believing they can be just like Jehovah and live for eternity too.

Love, ARoarer

• Benjamin Belial
    Benjamin Belial

Seems to me that Satan told Eve she would surly never die. Watchtower trying the same tactics with their Paradise spiritual fruit, hoping to fool more witlesses into believing they can be just like Jehovah and live for eternity too.
    So... what's your theory?

• greendawn
    greendawn

IMO also there will be no eternal life on this earth because it is too small to sustain interest for ever, it will become boring and frustrating after a while. This picture of earthly paradise shows how uninspired and unimaginative its creators are.

Heavenly Jerusalem coming down to earth could be symbolic not literal, perhaps earth refers to mankind who could in time spread out across many habitats in this or other universes.

• Benjamin Belial
    Benjamin Belial

Or it could just be BS.

• greendawn
    greendawn

It depends on the individual's perspective, for the atheists who don't believe in superhuman intelligent beings, all superhuman actions and future plans attributed to such beings will be BS.

• Benjamin Belial
    Benjamin Belial

Yeah, basically.

Personally, if I ever believed any of it, I'd have to go with a Jewish interpretation, since they had those books first. They certainly believed that whatever reward came would be earthly, though now it's open to interpretation. Apparently, there isn't any one official Jewish interpretation.

• heathen
    heathen
    Heavenly Jerusalem coming down to earth could be symbolic not literal

That is what the WTBTS has in print in the revelation book. They don't believe that christ ever returns to earth but will rule from the heavens . They clearly go against what is written on that . They seem to teach that they are in a spiritual paradise right now and are being invisibly ruled over from the heavens . Of course goes thru brooklyn first . I don't get how it's easier to stretch ones imagination over that one but yet the obvious written word is taken out of context for no apparent reason .

• fairchild
    fairchild
    Watchtower teaches the idea, citing Psalms 37:29 where the righteous possess the ‘earth’ and live in it ‘forever’

As with every other bible scripture, this one leaves room for interpretation. Let's say I buy a piece of land and build a house on it, intending to give it to my children and to keep it in the family. I could say "My family will possess this land and live on it forever," which would be completely true. In the same way, there will always be "righteous" people living on the earth, today, tomorrow, forever..

• heathen
    heathen

The paradise earth was to begin with the hope of the ancient jews that were obedient ,it's not hard to find scripture denoting the messianic kingdom in the old testament . You just have to read Isaiah . When jesus died and was given authority then there was the heavenly co-rulership reward for obedience but then in revelation it starts talking about the earthly hope again in the great crowd but the great crowd is also shown as being in heaven so the only way I can see to exsplain that is the heavenly jerusalem that comes down and acts as a noahs ark to save people from some sort of catastrophe that wipes out most of the earth population as depicted in Daniel 12 . Like jesus said it would be as in the days of noah .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit