"We are the only religion on earth that can claim to be unhypocritical."

by Bonnie_Clyde 27 Replies latest watchtower bible

• blindersoff
    blindersoff

Reminds me of a comment the other Sunday about Hosea---"If it was not for FDS, how would we ever know what this means. We could never come up with this on our own".

B

• yaddayadda
    yaddayadda

So says a woman who has lived in an insular, bubble world probably nearly her whole life and would run from the slightest proof of the Society's hypocrisy as if her ass was on fire. Tie her down in front of a computer and force her to research a few JW expose websites like this and she would soon think twice. It takes a lot of heat to melt mental permafrost.

• Mysterious
    Mysterious

Of course you aren't suppose to claim something that isn't true right? I suppose if you believe the party line on everything and watch as they demonize every other religion then of course you are going to spout BS like that. I never knew of all the crap that went on until after I left, that is how sheltered most of these witnesses are.

• Honesty
    Honesty
    The next comment by one of the servants was, "If we accept the authority of the faithful and discreet slave, we cannot go wrong."

Oh yeah?

2 Thess 2:1-4 Now concerning the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our being gathered to Him: we ask you, brothers, not to be easily upset in mind or troubled, either by a spirit or by a message or by a letter as if from us, alleging that the Day of the Lord has come. Don’t let anyone deceive you in any way. For [that day] will not come unless the apostasy comes first and the man of lawlessness is revealed, the son of destruction. He opposes and exalts himself above every so-called god or object of worship, so that he sits in God’s sanctuary, publicizing that he himself is God.

Here is a quote from the WTBT$: "Respond to the Faithful Slave just as you would to the voice of God."

• Bonnie_Clyde
    Bonnie_Clyde

Here is a quote from the WTBT$: "Respond to the Faithful Slave just as you would to the voice of God." -

Honesty - where is that quote from?

• FairMind
    FairMind

In the same study article one of the paragraph discusses the path a JW that sins should take. Repentful prayer to God asking for forgiveness, going to the elders so as to be spiritually healed and then as sort of an afterthought, asking for God's Holy Spirit. SInce the unspoken theme of this article seemed to be anti-apostasy, I think they are trying to draw such ones out so that the elders can deal with them.

• Honesty
    Honesty
    Here is a quote from the WTBT$: "Respond to the Faithful Slave just as you would to the voice of God." -

Honesty - where is that quote from?

WATCHTOWER June 15, 1957 Overseers of Jehovah's People Page 370 paragraph 7 Page 375 paragraph 21 Now you know why the WTBT$ is embarrassed by apostate websites.... we got all da goods on the cult and ain't afraid to be publishers.

• joelbear
    joelbear

just goes to show that when you have an educational meeting where no discussion or questions are allowed, nothing is gained.

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

This is the sad mental attitude many of us are familiar with. It shows how people rely so much upon man made religious structres and not upon God. This same thinking has been the downfall of Christianity since its very beginning.

• vinyamar777
    vinyamar777

What moral filth from Jack W. I didn't realise that anyone who used that word of contempt of marriage, human relationships, & God, would have anything to do with what should be a clean, meaningful life affirming forum. Such utter filth demands no less than utter rejection from any decent human being. Sir, you should be ashamed of yourself, even having to cover up the word to evade more general detection: you filthy man.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit