As an active Witness how would you have responded to the following question

by Triple A 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Triple A
    Triple A

As an active Witness how would you have responded to the following question, if asked when you knock on someones door?

How do you explain that since 1986 there has been less than 5% decrease in the annointed class?

• Nina
    Nina

"Regular" householders don't ask questions like that.

If someone *had* asked such a question I would have countered with something like "Oh, you have had contact with Jehovah's Witnesses in the past, then?" and ferretted out just what that contact was.....and then decided how to carry on further conversation and in which direction.

Gotta protect the congregation, y'know.

Nina

• DannyBloem
    DannyBloem

After the surprice of the question would be over, and thinking probably it would be a dféd person:

because some people make use of the symbols when they are not anointed, for prominense in the congregation or whatever. The number of whitnesses is increasing worldwide, so if there is a very small percentage of the people making use of the symbols for some other reason it would also increase. When you correct for this factor you see a shart descrease.

• Triple A
    Triple A

Nina and Danny,

Thanks for your quick responses. I was never a Witness, so your responses are helpful. I have been toying with the idea of asking this question, especially at this time of the year when the new figures are coming out.

Triple A

• katiekitten
    katiekitten

When I was a witness I would have answered that by saying it was nutters and loonies who were taking the emblems when they shouldnt have been.

Of course I would have used nicer words than nutters and loonies, but thats what I would have been thinking in my mind. Im fairly certain all witnesses have a little thing in their head that judges emblem takers and decides whether they are the 'real deal' or not. If they decide in their head that they are 'nutters' they judge them pretty harshly.

It would be interesting to see how many polite words the witnesses could find that mean 'loony'!

• gaiagirl
    gaiagirl

Here is a thought: What if every person on this board who still attends meetings partook of the emblems at the next Memorial? Wouldn't it be great to see the spike in partakers when the figures were announced?

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman
    When I was a witness I would have answered that by saying it was nutters and loonies who were taking the emblems when they shouldnt have been.

If you said that to me, I'd have had to ask how you accounted for the steady increase of nutters and loonies in the organization since 1986.

• gumby
    gumby

The society has already addressed this one.

As was stated, they blame it on unworthy partakers. New partakers are said to be the ones who replace the annointed who "fall away" or prove unfaithful and are replaced......( even though they are supposed to have a guaranteed "token" to heaven).

Gumby

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

i always thought it was when the soviet union opened up and people who had been taking the emblems there but hadnt been counted before now could be

i dont think that now tho

• blondie
    blondie

The WTS even has buzz phrases to take care of this question: genuine anointed or truly anointed

*** w00 1/15 p. 13 "Keep on the Watch" ***

Sixth,
    the number of genuine anointed disciples of Christ is dwindling, though some will evidently still be on earth when the great tribulation begins. Most of the remnant are quite elderly, and over the years the number of those who are truly anointed has been getting smaller. Yet, referring to the great tribulation, Jesus stated: "Unless those days were cut short, no flesh would be saved; but on account of the chosen ones those days will be cut short." (Matthew 24:21, 22) Evidently, then, some of Christ’s "chosen ones" will still be on earth when the great tribulation begins.

*** w97 8/15 p. 15 Living for Today or for an Eternal Future? ***

The number of genuine anointed sons of God surviving on earth is greatly diminished. Furthermore, the Bible clearly states that it is "on account of the chosen ones" that the opening phase of the great tribulation will be "cut short." (Matthew 24:21, 22) Most of those professing to be of the anointed are quite elderly. Again, would this not indicate that the end is close at hand?

w97 9/15 p. 14 Will You Be Faithful Like Elijah? ***
    With zeal like that of Elijah, the small remnant of genuine anointed Christians have discharged their responsibility of caring for the earthly interests of the enthroned King, Jesus Christ.

w96 8/15 p. 31 Questions From Readers ***
    There is every reason to believe that the number of anointed ones will continue to decline as advanced age and unforeseen occurrences end their earthly lives. Yet, even as these truly anointed ones prove faithful till death, in line for the crown of life, the other sheep, who have washed their robes in the blood of the Lamb, can look forward to surviving the impending great tribulation.—

Blondie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit