Satan locked in abyss or is he roaming about seeking to devour someone?

by amommy 18 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Hellrider
    Hellrider

WT-doctrine is full of holes on this issue. First, Satan is the snake in the garden (that is, the snake isn`t really Satan, but according to JW-doctrine, he is). But has the rebellion in heaven even taken place at this point? I thought the rebellion takes place when the disobedient angels take on humanly bodies, and walk the earth as giants, at a later date! And so, Noah has to build that ark and stuff. And the Bible doesn`t say anywhere that the disobedient angels have access to heaven after the rebellion, on the contrary, Jesus visits them in Tar-ta-rus (the deepest section of the underworld) when he is dead for three days, where they are chained up (well, at least some of them). They are chained up! It says nothing about them being free to access the heaven and the earth! And it doesn`t make any sense that Satan is "hurled down to earth" in 1914, if he had access to the earth before this. And was he hurled down in 1914? Not before? Doesn`t it say somewhere in the NT that "I saw Satan fall to earth like a lightning", or something like that?

The first "beast" had a deathstroke healed

Yes. The deathstroke healed, that is emperor Nero, who the Christians were still very scared of. They were afraid that he might have recovered from his wounds, or maybe even come back to life, to continue persecuting the Christians, after he had died. The beast is all about Rome (seven heads, Rome is the city surrounded by seven mountains).

• gumby
    gumby

amommy,

I am JW that is start to question everything.I am reading 3 different bibles slowly and comparing everything. It is already easy to determine the NWT takes their own approach which I find very alarming.I never looked beyond the one bible since I was born into this religion.

Welcome to JWD and a big pat on the back to you for having the courage and sincerity to question

I also was born into the religion with my family now 5 generations deep into this Organisation.

If you'd like to take the express lane and QUICKLY find out what this Organisation is made of.....can I suggest you reading COC? You are questioning already and spending time here......why not get to your goal a bit quicker?

Gumby

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien
    I need things like that straightened a bit before I can move on. You know... which is it?

welcome. i know what you mean. however, you will probably find that there is no straightening what god hath made crooked. lol, j/k. but really, just don't forget about whatever critical tools you used on the WTS doctrine, when you are done with them.

but ya, that's my answer: neither.

TS

• truth about the last days
    truth about the last days

Firstly, the scripture in 1 Peter 5:8 speaks of Satan being like a"roaring lion seeking to devour someone"-which he is doing right now. Soon, that 1000yr period will take place when the 144,000 will rule as "kings" with Jesus, and Satan will be captured and "thrown" into the abyss for that thousand year period. Next, saten will be "let loose for a little while" to mislead the nations" for the last time. Once again he will be like that "roaring lion" when he has been let loosed. Then he will be destroyed.See Rev 20: 1-10. And as to the keys of the abyss, the abyss is like a jail, and the keyholder is Jesus, himself. If Satan is to be the one locked up, then a lawful angel needs to have the keys to the "jail" or abyss. And that angel is Jesus himself. Makes sence, really. Why give the key to Satan when he can let himself out? So, Jesus is the keyholder. Keith

• truth about the last days
    truth about the last days

P.S. If anyone is wondering where the Abyss is, we will not know for sure. Gen 1:1 does state tha "God created the heavens and the earth" Which would bring us to the UNanswerable question, Where was Jehovah BEFORE he created the heavens and earth? We will never know. We will not know if there are other areas that Jehovah knows about. When Saten was thrown out of heaven (and is not allowed to go back there) and then thrown to earth: once he has been removed from this earth to the abyss that he is going, it would have to be in an another area that we do not know about. Keith

• amommy
    amommy

LUKE 10 : 18 is the scripture stating it was like lightening when Satan fell from heaven to the earth..

Also to KEITH the answer you gave regarding where Satan currently is,is not cleared up with the answer you gave.At revelation 9:1-11 Satan is let out of the abyss with his demons. Then he is bound up again by Christ and thrown in for a 1,000- years at Rev. 20 And if you have a problem believing that Rev. 9 is speaking of the Devil and that it is speaking of Jesus instead well HELLO witnesses are the only ones teaching that bunch of $%#^%*

Everyone from Christians to Satanists will tell you this scripture is referring to a demonic creature (NOT CHRIST)

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

Satan does not exist.

Sherry

• Beep,Beep
    Beep,Beep

""Satan is the snake in the garden (that is, the snake isn`t really Satan, but according to JW-doctrine, he is)""

Huh ? I have always thought that it was clear that Satan was USING the serpent. I have never came across this claim of yours before. Where did you get this from ?

• Hellrider
    Hellrider

Oh? Well, if they believe that Satan was using the snake, what`s the difference from what I wrote? My point was that this occurs at an earlier date than the rebellion in heaven...doesn`t it? Isn`t the rebellion something that takes place later on, when some of the angels want to go down to earth and put on human-like bodies (the giants) to have sex with human women?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit