Crazy for love?

by serendipity 17 Replies latest social relationships

• serendipity
    serendipity

What crazy things have you done for love or in search of love?

The craziest thing I've done is meet a guy in person who I found on an online dating site (after running a background check, of course).

• misanthropic
    misanthropic

Going on a date with a guy I didn't even know, that all my friends thought was a "scary" looking guy.

I'm sure there are other experiences but I can't recall them right now. Maybe I've blocked then out of my head.....

• serendipity
  • Super_Becka
    Super_Becka
    What crazy things have you done for love or in search of love?

I met a guy online, just by accident, and after a few months of chatting, I figured it was time for us to meet. So he flew over 3500 miles and put himself up in a hotel for two weeks, just to meet me, and whadda ya know, he was a total sweetheart so we started dating.

Everyone thought I was nuts, and so did I, but I did it anyway.

Yup, that's my story. Me, the shy, quiet, always playing by the rules, never getting in trouble, always doing what's expected girl, met an older (by 8 years) guy, on the Internet of all places, from another country, and while everyone was tsk-tsking about it and rolling their eyes and asking me if I was insane, I started a relationship with him. Now who's predictable??

-Becka :)

• Ellie
    Ellie

So what happened Becka?

Are you still together?

• Super_Becka
    Super_Becka
    So what happened Becka?

Are you still together?

So far, Ellie, so good. We're still together after seven months of long-distance dating and that part is actually going really smoothly. It's just his beliefs as a JW, however inactive he is (and unbaptized, too, for that matter), that's putting strain on the relationship.

Overall, though, he treats me like a goddess, he practically worships the ground I walk on, and I don't say that to brag. He treats me very well, he makes me feel very good and he's still the sweetest guy I've ever met. :) True, his distaste for holidays is heartbreaking, but he really is a sweetie. That's why I'm here on this forum, to learn and try to figure out where to go from here.

But hey, his beliefs notwithstanding, things are going very well, even with an 8 year age difference (I'm 20, he's 28). I guess sometimes taking a chance and just going for it actually works out. :) Maybe what I did isn't so crazy after all.

-Becka :)

• Ellie
    Ellie

If hes 28 and still not babtised I don't think you have much to worry about.

It sounds very romantic and he sounds very sweet.

I hope it works out for you, you'll just have to be a bit more persuasive about the holiday thing.

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

The craziest thing I ever did...well I got married twice. Plum f@#$%ing crazy!

• doofdaddy
    doofdaddy

Ha ha Sparkpug. me too.

Another crazy episode was when I invited a woman I met in Thailand to come live with me(no she's not Thai, Austrian that's AUSTRIA not Australia!! lol)

I learned the lesson that people act differently on holiday than they do in every day life.

She was this carefree spirit who willing to try anything.

Reality?

Nasty.

Ha ha, I can laugh now!!

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

Doof! Hey how ya been? I am laughing with you. Not at you. Cheers!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit