Queen's newest KNIGHT...

by Special K 13 Replies latest jw friends

• Special K
    Special K

I actually liked some of Tom Jones songs... and I remember his T.V. show. He sure put on quite a show..and I remember he sure sweat profusely during his performances.

I do remember some of his songs, at least the ones I underlined.

Special K

LONDON (AP) — What’s new, Pussycat? It’s Sir Tom Jones now.

Jones, 65, the big-voiced singer from Wales, was among the new knights of the realm in the New Year list of honours announced Saturday. He joins a group of pop-rock knights including Sir Paul McCartney, Sir Cliff Richard, Sir Mick Jagger, Sir Elton John and Sir George Martin, The Beatles producer.

Tom Jones, born Thomas Jones Woodward in Pontypridd, began his singing career at age three. His string of hits started with It’s Not Unusual in 1963, and other hits included What’s New Pussycat, Green Green Grass of Home, Help Yourself, She’s a Lady, Never Fall in Love Again, Sex Bomb and Leave Your Hat On.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Whats New Pussycat?

• Satanus
    Satanus

A bit of trivia here. Apparently, he is well endowed, not just in voice, according to cassandra peterson (elvira). http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2005/08/28/elvira-actress-sought-med_n_6317.html

S

• mouthy
    mouthy

I guess you didnt see my post to Gumby!!! He teases me about Sir!!!!

• Special K
    Special K

Mouthy..

No, I'm sorry I didn't see your post to Gumby.. give me the link, please cause I'd love to read it.

Special K

• greendawn
    greendawn

That's a long way for a miner to go, it shows how having a good talent can help one move forward in life. I really like his song "sex Bomb".

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41

Ah yes, the "Welsh Pelvis"...........I first became aware of his "presence" as a pubescent teenager of 15..............my aunt was absolutely gaga about him...........lol.............thanks for stirring those old memories up!

• Country_Woman
    Country_Woman

Special K :

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/25/104783/1.ashx

(else you have to wait much longer for Mouthy)

• Country_Woman
    Country_Woman

and I was thinking at :

Queens ........ We will, we will, rock you..........

• Thirdson
    Thirdson

I read the awards yesterday 12/31 on the BBC and was going to post my comments there but there were already 15 pages of comments mostly critical of the British award system. The people awarded were often rich and famous and doing things they were already well paid for. Mr. Jones has lived in the USA for years and is a tax exile...so he gets a knighthood. The English cricket team all got awards for narrowly beating Australia in the Ashes for the first time in years...big deal, why didn't the Welsh rugby team get awards as their achievement was better?

I think think the British award system should be done like the Oscars with a glittering party. "And the award of Knight of the Realm for services in musical entertainment...goes to.."

It would hardly devalue the awards any more than now.

3rd

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit