Ex Elder Friend Tells Me There Are Now Only 45 Persons That Attend

by minimus 29 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

When I left a couple of years ago, the average meeting attendance on a Sunday was about 70. A couple of years before that it was about 90. Now only 45 people attend the meetings. He said the bookstudies average 9 per week at the Kingdom Hall (which used to be the biggest one)!!! It's GOT to be extremely discouraging to see no one is left. It's GOT to get them thinking.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

In our congregation the number of bookgroups has been reduced

• minimus
    minimus

Stilla, is more expected from you since it's easier to keep an eye on ya??

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

well they have started using me more fro mics, reading etc even though I dont go out on the ministry very often - a few years ago - you would need to get at least greater than 8 hours per month to be used the way they are using me - so they are getting more desperate

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

BTW very low attendences at our hall also. In the next few years if this trend continues there must be some congregations that will merge with others

• blondie
    blondie

stilla, pretty soon the sisters will be doing mics.

We ran into someone from our old congregation who said that out of 95 publishers only 60 are there on Sunday. They are already talking about merging 3 congregations into 2. I wonder how it affects paying the bills?

Blondie

• serendipity
    serendipity

Our English-speaking congo split 6 or 7 years ago, and now we bust out at the seems for the CO visits. I guess some JW's are moving here (Dallas area) because we've had few new JWs baptized.

• minimus
    minimus

And yet, the congregations will be making resolutions to give more $$$$$ to the Society. What a racket!

• gumby
    gumby
    well they have started using me more fro mics

Kinda off topic but.......have ya ever thought about tellin them you might have Parkinsons disease and the next meeting when a butthole elder wants to comment at the Watchtower study....you take the mic to him and when you get it real close to his mouth you start shakin real hard and accidently chip his toofie

k....back to topic

Gumby

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Isn't it interesting that when the numbers go up it is because of God's blessing and when it goes down it is because God is doing a sifting

There Are Now Only 45 Persons That Attend

Great news

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit