Comments You Will Not Hear at the 1-1-06 WT Study (Upright--Hosea3)

by blondie 24 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Nate Merit
    Nate Merit

"The ways of Jehovah are upright, and the righteous are the ones who will walk

in them." HOSEA 14:9.

Hi Blondie! Just adding my .5 cents worth.
    Nathan

• stillAwitness
    stillAwitness

Dear Blondie,

I finally got a chance to look over your notes. My meeting was changed to the 9:30 spot and so I will probbably need to start looking into your notes Saturdays instead. Anyways, I have a question that I came across as we went over the WT study at the meeting.

Pagraph 7,8 under the subheading: God Shows His People Loyal Love. Question B asks:" What should we do if we have sinned seriously?" And the first comment that was made from the audience was that we should first ackowledged that we have sinned, then go to Jehovah in prayer and then go to the elders.Then James 5: 13-16 was used to support this statement which states:

13 Is there anyone suffering evil among YOU ? Let him carry on prayer. Is there anyone in good spirits? Let him sing psalms. 14 Is there anyone sick among YOU ? Let him call the older men of the congregation to [him], and let them pray over him, greasing [him] with oil in the name of Jehovah. 15 And the prayer of faith will make the indisposed one well, and Jehovah will raise him up. Also, if he has committed sins, it will be forgiven him.

16 Therefore openly confess YOUR sins to one another and pray for one another, that YOU may get healed. A righteous man’s supplication, when it is at work, has much force.

I read your references pertaining to the WT's flip flop on wether or not the elders are the ones that can forgive of our sins. So what's there reasoning on going to them in the first place?

I always think: If I have to go the elders when I commit a sin wether its smoking a cigarette or accidently running my hand over my boob and getting a bit excited over it in order to gbe forgiven then doesn't this teaching not make the purpose of Jesus' ransom scarifice meaningless? It would seem that and going to God in prayer are now proved useless.

Can you point me in the right direction Blondie? (or anyone else.)

• Dune
    Dune

I went to highschool with this guy who was seriously uptight, once he even told the elders that he was being hit on by this girl and labelled it as persecution, lol. Anyway@stillawitness, speaking strictly as a person who is still a witness too, I dont think You have to worry about the whole getting excited part, it really is none of their business, however, I think smoking is considered a serious sin. On a personal note, i've sinned a WHOLE LOT of times in my 8 years as a witness, but i've never "confessed" or sought the elders because i thought the sin was between me and Jehovah, just my two cents.

• stillAwitness
    stillAwitness

@ Dune

LOL. I was just joking about that. I was just emphasizing how silly the elders can be with things like that. So you're sill a witness like me huh? Look out for my PM.

We absolutely must have a girl talk!

• Flash
    Flash

If they used NT scriptures too much, these great crowd (GC) or other sheep (OS) members of the rank and file might start thinking that those words were written to them rather than just to those who hope to rule in heaven with Christ.

It wouldn't surprise me Blondie...I never accepted their view fully, the NT has obviously always been written for all. Its a conciet of the Evil Slave to say it ONLY applies to the annointed.

The 06 prophecies are funny, yet I do believe we are going to see the End...how many more years I couldn't guess, but I do believe it will happen in our lifetime.

Thanks Blondie ~

• heathen
    heathen
    Its a conciet of the Evil Slave to say it ONLY applies to the annointed.

It depends on who is anointed . The bible is cear in the end part of the days all flesh receives spirit .I still believe it's only those that die as martyrs that are the 144k , it doesn't mean the great crowd can't be anointed , it only makes sense that they would be since jesus said flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of the heavens you must be born again of the spirit and worship in spirit and truth . They like to use the FDS doctrine because of the control , they couldn't possibly be chosen by God , they have a long history of lies and false prophesy. I really think they run the publishing corporation in similar way to when jesus inspected the temple and threw everybody out .

take a look at acts 2:17 -19

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

BTW it was one of the most boring studies I have ever attended - the conductor was struggling for answers

• serendipity
    serendipity

Hi stilla,

There were no shortage of answers at our meeting. Plenty of self-righteous dogmatic comments to be heard. Bro. B says insightful things like: "If you don't have a close relationship with God, you are hypocritical in your worship. " and a couple of other things that made me want to hurl. And a couple of others that made me think he is definitely an elder that should NOT be visiting depressed ones. His wife was almost as bad. I think the two of them answered four times, very unusual. I'm going to have to pay attention to them. They allowed their son to go to college in the 90's. Do they feel they have to atone and prove their loyalty by stepping up their ignorant, dogmatic statements?

• heathen
    heathen
    "If you don't have a close relationship with God, you are hypocritical in your worship.

I would love hear his definition of that . Close relationship = worship WTBTS Question nothing, accept all, exspect nothing in return but the right to associate with others and even that can be revoked over just about any petty issue anybody can think of.

• jgnat
    jgnat

The WESAYSO method, LOL, I'm not forgetting that one! My favorite bit:

If...repentantly...sought forgiveness--decided by who, in this case God. Who decides repentance or judges in the WTS judicial settings, God or the elders? Who choses these elders God or the WTS? (trick question) Who forgives? Elders?

This may become one of my regular slogans, "We don't confess our sins to the elders, do we? Isn't God our judge?"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit