Lawdy, where have I been?

by czarofmischief 12 Replies latest jw friends

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

In a move calculate to strike fear in the hearts of, um, well, everybody, I joined the Army. I just got back from Basic, where I learned the value of paying attention to detail, and am now ready to ship off to Ft. Benning to go to Army Officer Candidate School.

I just wanted to post, say hello, and say that while I haven't written much lately, I've been peeking in to see what everybody is up to. My message to lurkers is the same as always, that is, you can indeed move beyond the JW's and become so much more than a shallow, hollow, sad carbon copy. You can be the google-dimensional miracle you were always meant to be. The door is open, the rabbit hole goes oh, so deep, and the red pill is the only one you can take. Flip the switches, ride off into the sunset, say goodbye to all the trite, meaningless things you have known and seek that which is real, now, and exciting.

I will try to post from wherever this trail ends, but I've got mega work to do. Rest assured, though, that all of you are in my prayers as we all seek our purpose in life.

CZAR

• katiekitten
    katiekitten

Crumbs, that strikes fear into my heart alright. Youve joined the army?

Well, I wish you peace, and safety. I sincerely hope you are never in danger. I cant help thinking you have joined an army which has little fellow feeling from the rest of the world - I hope you have enough of those moments that make you think its all worth while.

I hope some god protects you.

Best wishes.

• kls
    kls

Hi Czar , So you have been peeking have ya.

Army ? Becareful ,you hear

• skyman
    skyman

Be all that you can be and enjoy your life i have friends that have stayed in untill retirement and are now retired live well and I have to still work for twenty five or more years. They were the smart ones not me.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Nice to hear from you, and that you are doing well. It seems the military is a good place for you. I honestly hope you continue to find fulfillment in serving there. Thumbs up and a couple of beers

S

• kls
    kls

Say Czar, didn't you and wife/ girlfriend ,just have a baby? Am i wrong?

Cause i remember thinking how that is gonna hurt if the kid came out with all them pins in it's head

• bebu
    bebu

Woohoo! Congrats for finishing basic!! Great news!

Thanks for making the army a better place by joining. They're lucky to get you.

bebu

(but just one)

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Salute! Glad you're doing well, Czar. Way to put your money where your mouth was, so to speak. I wish you all success in school.

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief
    Well, I wish you peace, and safety. I sincerely hope you are never in danger. I cant help thinking you have joined an army which has little fellow feeling from the rest of the world - I hope you have enough of those moments that make you think its all worth while.

Thank you. There is a god that protects me, although Sixofnine, that crusty ol' bastid, would argue that I am delusional. LOL, luvya Sixy! Anyway, I'm not concerned about fellow feeling from the rest of the world, since it's my job to kick all ya'lls asses! Just kiddin'. Anyway, if you read through some of my posts from about, oh, a year back or so, I am a pretty hard right winger, although in the actual mix'n kicks it's less about politics and way more about getting the job done, as far as I can tell from my limited experience. "There is a divinity that shapes our ends, rough hew them how we will," as the poet says. If a soldier is popular he ain't doing his job, I think.

Yep, the baby is fine, kls, she is 5 months old and fat and healthy and teething early. (no pins, but they might grow in!) I will miss her very much.

Satanus! You are still here! Handing out beers, I see... well, I have had a few while on Christmas leave, and plan to have a few more... thanks!

Skyman - yep, if you can ride it out, 20 years is nothing. I plan to try to do it right.

Bebu- thanks for the support and for sending that card. We really appreciate it. Say hi to all of yinz!

Sixy, your salute means more to me than I can say. Take care of yourself. I will need somebody to make fun of while I'm typing away in Mosul.

CZAR

• PoliticallyNeutered2
    PoliticallyNeutered2

Disclaimer: I don't claim to be an expert. The stuff in this email could be false. If you use it, use it at your own risk. Also, since about 7/05, I've earnestly tried to keep my large-scale internet presence politically/religiously neutral. Stepping on big toes with such new and powerful technology seems highly incautious in my case.

I hope I'm not butting in or anything. I'm new here, so we haven't talked much here before. That said:

The Army!? Lucky !#@$R!@#$#!!!!

I tried to join the navy; but, they wouldn't take me because I'm a crippled, scoliosis-afflicted pretzel-boy. MEPS disqualifier.

I just wanted to remind you how lucky you are to have your health. :P

After you become Commander In Chief of the Pacific Armed forces, why don't you tell them to take my advice and form a "Gimped Division" of the armed forces for those of us who can hold a crutch in one hand and a gun in the other?! Just joking. :P :)

Good luck in the Army. :)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit