CHRISTIAN & WICCAN CONFLICTS

by avishai 40 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Sirona
    Sirona

Ok,

You don't have to be so bloody tetchy about my post.

Sirona

• Benjamin Belial
    Benjamin Belial

Sorry, I just get that way when I have to explain the same simple concept six times in a row.

• Sirona
    Sirona

ROFLMAO,

You seem to think you're above us all intellectually, which is what makes some of us irritated. Try your best to communicate with others without being condescending.

Sirona

• Benjamin Belial
    Benjamin Belial

Again, try your best to read what I say so I don't have to keep explaining simple concepts. I'm not above people intellectually, but it gets tiresome when people are clearly not even reading what I'm saying. There is no other way to explain me writing "Wiccans dislike Crowley" and have someone interpret it as "Wiccans idolize Crowley."

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956
    Again, try your best to read what I say so I don't have to keep explaining simple concepts. I'm not above people intellectually, but it gets tiresome when people are clearly not even reading what I'm saying. There is no other way to explain me writing "Wiccans dislike Crowley" and have someone interpret it as "Wiccans idolize Crowley."

I've been biting my tongue, but I just have to say it. You're using generalities such as the above, and expecting us to bow to your superior wisdom. Every single Wiccan doesn't dislike Crowley, please, if you know better provide some data. No doubt since you had your own church you've had opportunity to talk to us all and see what we believe. If six people read your posts and you had to re-explain it six times I would guess that it was not communicated clearly. You obviously don't take any responsibility for that, being the superior being that you are (probably due to the fact that you no longer consider yourself pagan) you can't be the one at fault, it has to be everyone else!

So here's something to cogitate on: I don't personally care what you believe. But I will not and do not buy into your opinions. Opinions, as you know, are like a$$holes, everyone has one. This thread, which was started by a non-pagan who appreciates what is happening in the US where the government is turning into the taliban and where religious conservatives come right out and attack pagans, has NOTHING to do with your subsequent comments. You have highjacked the thread.

Sherry
    (who is going off shaking her head)

• Benjamin Belial
    Benjamin Belial
    I've been biting my tongue, but I just have to say it. ; You're using generalities such as the above, and expecting us to bow to your superior wisdom. ; Every single Wiccan doesn't dislike Crowley, please, if you know better provide some data. ; No doubt since you had your own church you've had opportunity to talk to us all and see what we believe. ; If six people read your posts and you had to re-explain it six times I would guess that it was not communicated clearly. ; You obviously don't take any responsibility for that, being the superior being that you are (probably due to the fact that you no longer consider yourself pagan) you can't be the one at fault, it has to be everyone else!

You are correct. Me saying "Crowley trained Gardener yet Wiccans in general dislike Crowley" was very clear, yes, it does have to be everyone else. I don't see how my statement was cryptic in any way. You can "guess" I didn't explain it correctly, and I can "guess" you people are all kneejerk types who react with anger because you don't bother to read the whole post. I've seen type of reaction all over this forum. You guys are quick to generalize Witnesses all over the damn place, but get offended because I generalize Wiccans. Too bad.

So here's something to cogitate on: ; I don't personally care what you believe. ; But I will not and do not buy into your opinions. ; Opinions, as you know, are like a$$holes, everyone has one. ; This thread, which was started by a non-pagan who appreciates what is happening in the US where the government is turning into the taliban and where religious conservatives come right out and attack pagans, has NOTHING to do with your subsequent comments. ; You have highjacked the thread.

Nope, I made a statement of opinion. Then it got hijacked because I had to re-explain, and re-explain, and re-explain for the people who wanted to jump to conclusions and use absolutely no reading comprehension skills whatsoever.

Walk off shaking your head all you want, really. You are the one who didn't understand the difference between the word "idolize" and "dislike," so shake it.

• Odrade
    Odrade

Bravo Gretchen and Sirona!
    Benjamin, I know absolutely nothing about Crowley or Gardener, and have no opinion on either of them. But I am really beginning to dislike YOU. It might be worthwhile to keep a civil tongue in your head, especially when engaging people who have a much better grasp of reality than you seem to have. Your nasty, condescending and superior attitude does nothing for your credibility.

• Benjamin Belial
    Benjamin Belial

I never had a superior attitude. I don't see how people misunderstand a simple sentence, I have to re-explain it, and this makes me condescending.

You are some SERIOUS hypocrites. Seriously. You sit and rail against the JWs constantly, and a lot of the shit you have against them doesn't even make sense, but you accept it anyway because you'll accept anything that supports your opinion. I do the same thing with Wiccans and it's crybaby city. When someone has a dissenting opinion you get all angry and call the "condescending." I don't think I've seen anything more condescending than the way YOU have spoken to ME in this thread.

I thought I had found a good place here. I was obviously wrong.

You guys can all go back to your game of grabass and mutual dicksucking where you can all have giant group hugs and agree with each other and yell at the mean nasty people who disagree with you. I don't want to ruin your fun.

• Benjamin Belial
    Benjamin Belial

Oh, and by the way, nice job disproving my assertions. You are some master debators here.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Actually I'm not a Pagan or Wiccan. I'm an unorthodox Christian.

I think you're come across as condescending and demeaning in your language too, and believe me, I aint no namby-pamby pacifistic do-gooder. That's not a judgement on you as a person, as I don't know you and have enjoyed some of your posts on other threads.

Methinks this topic pushes a few of your buttons, too

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit