"seven times" in Daniel applied to whom?

by truth about the last days 22 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• PMJ
    PMJ

from reading daniel my self it clearly shows that the seven times applies to a future time.because it says that people may no that the most high is ruler in the kingdom of mankind and to the one who he wants to he gives it even the lowliest of one of mankind.so from that verse we can see it talks about the kingdom of mankind.which is ovesley talking about gods kingdom.then it says and whom he wants he gives it too even the lowliest one of mankind.now if your honest with your self who was lowliest of all men in my opion it certainly wasnt neb.u.chad.nez zar.it was jesus christ.so it seems jehovah is talking about a time when Gods kingdom will be set up and at that time he gives it to his son to rule.

• Slave1111
    Slave1111
    In order to have complete sovereignty, ONE has to have dominion over ALL. This only occurrs when JAH proves that HE exists and removes all other leaders.......

I think that would make most people's day. It's like "put up or shut up." Let him come back and prove that he exists in some way other than a rust-stain on some poor Mexican's water heater. C'mon, let's see some proof. Just a small thing that is truly verifiable and not just someone's interpretation. That would have impact.

So far, his record is a big, fat 0. What will it be and when can we expect it? We're all waiting...

38 For as they were in those days before the flood, eating and drinking, men marrying and women being given in marriage, until the day that Noah entered into the ark; 39 and they took no note until the flood came and swept them all away, so the presence of the Son of man will be. The Great Tsunami in the East and the New Oleans Floods in the West fulfilled this prophecy. 45 “Who really is the faithful and discreet slave whom his master appointed over his domestics, to give them their food at the proper time? 46 Happy is that slave if his master on arriving finds him doing so. 47 Truly I say to YOU , He will appoint him over all his belongings. I am the true faithful and discreet slave in fulfillment of this prophecy, amen....... T.F.D.S.

• carla
    carla

Slave 1111 sounds like another poster who quit awhile back, can't think of the name though. That poster also made the same wild claims as Slave 1111. (being the fds or something on that order, speaking for God anyway)

• Slave1111
    Slave1111
    Slave 1111 sounds like another poster who quit awhile back, can't think of the name though. That poster also made the same wild claims as Slave 1111. (being the fds or something on that order, speaking for God anyway)

I never quit but have been working with JAH constantly as His witness. I have witnessed the judging of those in the heavens. JAH is formulating the methods of judging those upon the earth in much wisdom and love. All will be forgiven when they show signs of repentance, or bear fruit worthy of repentance. This is the sign of Jonah, amen.......

T.F.D.S.

• carla
    carla

Good grief!

• greendawn
    greendawn

In the 19trh century there was an end of times fever that drove many people to take biblical verses and interpret them in an arbitrary way so as to arrive finally at some end of times date that was to be due at some time soon.

This sort of manipulation also gave the 1914 date that Russell borrowed from Barbour. All these dates without exception failed miserably.

• Rig Boy
    Rig Boy

Starting with 457 B.C. and adding 483 years, we arrive at 26 A.D. Right on target for Jesus!
    Jesus was prophesied to be "cut off" from His ministry in the midst of the week. One week is 7 years, half of 7 years is 3.5 years. Jesus was crucified exactly 3.5 years into His ministry.
    Many, if not most, scholars today would place Jesus' baptism in 26 A.D. That is precisely the year we arrived at when starting with the command of 457 B.C.! This is more than just an interesting coincidence. It is an absolutely amazing prediction! It leaves no room for doubt that Jesus of Nazareth is the promised Messiah of God. It leaves no room for doubt that the Gospel of Jesus Christ is the only authentic religion in all the world. It leaves no room for doubt that Jesus accomplished what Gabriel said would be accomplished within the 490 years; namely: "To finish the transgression, To make an end of sins, To make reconciliation for iniquity, To bring in everlasting righteousness, To seal up vision and prophecy, And to anoint the Most Holy" (Daniel 9:24).
    THE FINAL WEEK OF DANIEL Daniel's final week (7 days/years) is singled out in the prophecy for special attention. The final week starts with the arrival of Messiah. It is common knowledge that Jesus' earthly ministry lasted 3 and 1/2 years. That is half of the prophetic week. Daniel's prophecy does not specifically say when the Messiah would "be cut off." He just says "after" the (7 plus) 62 weeks. Now we can see that the cutting off took place exactly in the middle of the last week. Daniel says: "in the middle of the week He shall bring an end to sacrifice and offering." Any Christian knows that the death of Jesus on the cross put an end to the Mosaic sacrificial system. "For by one offering He has perfected forever those who are being sanctified... Now where there is remission of these, [there] [is] no longer an offering for sin" (Hebrews 10:14,18). Yes, those offerings and sacrifices still physically existed; but, as far as God was concerned, they were meaningless. God not only said this through His inspired writer; He confirmed it with action. "And Jesus... yielded up His spirit. Then, behold, the veil of the temple was torn in two from top to bottom" (Matthew 27:50,51). The temple was no longer God's house. The sacrifices of the temple no longer had value. The cloth veil was torn in two because Jesus became the real veil: the Mediator between the Holy Place and the Holy of Holies. "Therefore, brethren, having boldness to enter the Holiest by the blood of Jesus, by a new and living way which He consecrated for us, through the veil, that is, His flesh" (Hebrews 10:19,20). THE COVENANT CONFIRMED Before mentioning the middle of the week, Daniel said that the Messiah "shall confirm a covenant with many for one week." Now, it is a well-known fact that Jeremiah prophesied a new covenant (Jeremiah 31:31-34). That Jesus brought in a new covenant, there is no question. At the Last Supper, He declared: "For this is My blood of the new covenant, which is shed for many for the remission of sins" (Matthew 26:28). It thus seems easy to think of Jesus confirming the covenant for the first half of the week (his 3-and-1/2-year ministry). But what about the second half--the 3 and 1/2 years following His ascension? On the one hand, there should be no difficulty with understanding that the covenant was confirmed by the apostles after Jesus' ascension. But, that involved many years. Why refer to just 3 and 1/2 years? What event closes the 70 weeks? That event cannot be the destruction of Jerusalem, because that did not happen until 70 A.D. It is highly unlikely that the event is the conversion of the first Gentile, Cornelius. While we do not know the exact year of his conversion, the book of Acts places it after the conversion of Saul of Tarsus. Saul's conversion, itself, appears to be too late; scholars would place it around 35 A.D. We must seek for some significant event or condition prior to Acts 9. Prophecy had predicted, and Jesus had commanded, that the Gospel first be preached in Jerusalem (Joel 2:28-32; Luke 24:46-49). The church started with 3,000 souls and quickly grew to 5,000 men, all Jews, all in Jerusalem. Who knows how long the Christians would have remained in Jerusalem, had it not been for the great persecution that followed the murder of Stephen. But as a result, the believers "were all scattered throughout the regions of Judea and Samaria" (Acts 8:1). We do not know the exact date of Stephen's death and the resulting dispersion. Nevertheless, it must have been right around 33-34 A.D., to allow time for Saul's persecution of the church before his conversion. This dispersion, then, brings us right to the end of the 70 weeks (490 years). Much of the 70-weeks prophecy deals specifically with Jerusalem. It would appear that 3 and 1/2 years was precisely the length of time that God set aside for the new covenant to be confirmed exclusively in Jerusalem and exclusively among Jews. This was Jerusalem's moment. Large numbers were converted before the Jews, led by Saul of Tarsus, tried to stamp out the new message. Instead of stamping it out, they caused it to spread beyond Jerusalem. The first place mentioned which then received the Word was Samaria. The Jews hated the mixed-race Samaritans. The apostle John had wanted to call fire from heaven to consume a Samaritan village. Now, this same John lay hands on Samaritans so they could receive the Holy Spirit. The day of taking the Gospel exclusively to Jerusalem and exclusively to pure Jews and proselytes was over. The 70 weeks had come to an end. World evangelism had begun. Jerusalem had had its golden opportunity. Many took the opportunity; but others only further sealed the doom of their city.

• Rig Boy
  • Slave1111
    Slave1111
    In the 19trh century there was an end of times fever that drove many people to take biblical verses and interpret them in an arbitrary way so as to arrive finally at some end of times date that was to be due at some time soon.

This sort of manipulation also gave the 1914 date that Russell borrowed from Barbour. All these dates without exception failed miserably.

It can be reasoned upon that the date of 1914 was derived after the world war begin as a prophecy cannot be recognized until after it is fulfilled. This proved to be a horrible time for men upon the earth. However, in all of reasonable thinking, it woul not take Jehovah, the Almighty God, and Jesus Christ thise many years to take over the planet we call earth. He is strong and has accomplished the judging of the heavens within a period of one year, amen....... T.F.D.S.

• robhic
    robhic
    38 For as they were in those days before the flood, eating and drinking, men marrying and women being given in marriage, until the day that Noah entered into the ark; 39 and they took no note until the flood came and swept them all away, so the presence of the Son of man will be. The Great Tsunami in the East and the New Oleans Floods in the West fulfilled this prophecy.

Uh, I don't think so. Number one, the evil, hedonistic French Quarter was one of the least damaged areas. The great Tsunami, like the hurricanes it preceeded, were weather events. We have them all the time. Different intensities but all the time, nonetheless. This is lame and makes me yawn. In fact, I live right outside New Orleans and was high and dry. And that's more than some of the Kingdom Halls around here can say. Maybe the JW's might re-assess their status...

I am the true faithful and discreet slave in fulfillment of this prophecy, amen.......

Oh really? How can that be when I am the second coming of Christ. I dare you to prove your statement or disprove mine. I laugh at your puniness.

J.C. Himself

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit