"Armageddon Week"

by Sunnygal41 11 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41

Here in the States, the History channel has been covering biblical and esoteric prophecy under the above title. Last night, they discussed the prophets Isaiah, Jeremiah, and Daniel, as well as the book of Revelation. My BF is a BAC and is very into the whole end of the world thing. In the past, I couldn't even tolerate watching this stuff, but, now, depending on my mood, I may watch it to compare notes with what was taught to me as a JW. One notable thing that I remember is the date for the Babylonian destruction and captivity of the Jews: 586 BCE. Anyone else care to comment on anything they found of interest, if they viewed it? Terri

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Most JWs are so thoroughly programmed that when they hear "586" instead of "607" they will instantly conclude the show is talking about another event and will never have to face the problem of two contradictory dates.

• gumby
    gumby
    One notable thing that I remember is the date for the Babylonian destruction and captivity of the Jews: 586 BCE. Anyone else care to comment on anything they found of interest, if they viewed it?

Where the hell is Scholar when you need the guy?

Mornin Terri

Gumby

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41

Good Morning, Gumby sweetie!! Yes, Elsewhere, what I realized in my own experience of recovery from the dub brainwashing is that your brain is like concrete.......you've been conditioned for so long that even when you leave and you conciously KNOW that the teachings are wrong, you still automatically think in the same vein! It's pretty amazing........I found myself stepping back, mentally, many times, to observe this in my own thought processes. Ter

• TopHat
    TopHat

Morning Terri, I watched the Armaggeden information untill 12:00 midnight...it will be repeated again during the day. It was interested how they compared Nebrrknazzer sp? to Saddam.

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41

Hey, TH!! Yes, that was very interesting!! And, that Sadaam was rebuilding Babylon, and even was stamping the bricks with HIS name on them, like Nebbie (got around that spelling problem) did when he originally built. I tried to stay awake, but, after 9:30 I'm useless.........lol.

• kep81
    kep81

HI

I JUST WANTED TO ASK WHY YOU SUNNYGAL LEFT THE JWS HOW DID YOU COME TO THAT AFTER BEING BRAINWASHED AS YOU PUT IT FOR SO LONG. I TALK TO THE JWS EVERY NOW AND THEN AND THEY TRY TO CONVERT ME I ALWAYS ASK THEM WHY PEOPLE LEAVE IF THEY HAVE THE TRUE RELIGION WHY WOULD ANYONE WANT TO LEAVE BUT THEY GIVES REASON LIKE THEY FORNICATED AND THEY WAS DF BUT I SEE SOME PEOPLE WRITE THEY LEFT ON THE OWN FREE WILL HOW WOULD THEY BE ABLE TO GET TO THE POSITION TO LEAVE WHY WOULD THEY WANT TO AFTER PREACHING FOR SO LONG

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41

kEP............I had a long answer typed out and lost it...........I'm at work right now, and I do want to answer your question.........I will reply asap. Welcome to the forum! Terri

• TopHat
    TopHat

Those who leave the JWs maybe feel as I did......something is not right with it!!

The ones that stay are still in a brainwashed state of mind. The really believe what the WT tells them....."Only we have the truth and we are the mouthpiece of God" blah blah blah "The apostates are evil pawns of the devil" ..."You will die at Armaggeden if you leave the organization of the Watchtower" more blah blah blah

• M.J.
    M.J.

I recorded the show last night but haven't watched it yet. I was interested to see what they had to say about the prophecy foretelling the fall of Babylon. I assumed they would talk about Jeremiah's 70 year prophecy. Did they mention much about it?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit