New Blood Letter dated January 3, 2006

by Gary1914 10 Replies latest jw friends

• Gary1914
    Gary1914

There is a new blood letter from the society dated January 3, 2006. It is to be read to all congregations on January 30, 2006. It is six pages long and is to replace the directives on blood outlined in 1995. It was accompanied by a note that said that the old directives were to be destroyed.

I tried to upload the pages but I just don't know how. I don't have any more time as I have to get to work.

Perhaps someone else has already posted this letter?

I will check back later.

• observador
    observador

Yes, someone has posted the letter along with the Blood Card itself, BUT it was for Britain.

The scans are here: http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/16/104206/1.ashx

We'd really love to have the letter and blood card for the USA.

Are you in the US?

If you have the scans but don't know how to host it, so that people on this board can view them, PM me.

Observador. edited to fix link ~ Scully

• Scully
    Scully
    There is a new blood letter from the society dated January 3, 2006

Cool. It's only December 29, 2005. In order for it to have been sent to elders and have it arrive now, it must have been written, dated and signed at least a week ago... December 22, 2005.

Is it common practice for important documents of this nature to have falsified dates on them? (whether from the WTS or any other entity)

• TheListener
    TheListener

The last important article I remember seeing on blood was the 6/15/2004 WT. And the 6/15/2000 WT before that.

The last new blood card we received was Jan. 2005 when they combined the Advance Medical Directive with the Durable Power of Attorney into one card. The instruction for this new card from Jan. 2005 clearly stated that it didn't need to be updated and was valid indefinitely. The instructions even gave examples of when a new card could be filled out - meaning, don't fill out a new one unless you absolutely have to.

I know an article came out about blood in the 8/1/1995 WT but I thought the information from the newer articles and the new amd/dpa cards pretty much covered everything.

What is left of the 1995 directives to "throw away"?

Someone please post that letter before I freak out!

• blondie
    blondie

I think they dated it 1/3/06 because that is the first service meeting day of the week they plan to read it. Some congregations have service meetings on Tuesday nights.

• observador
    observador

bttt

• Gary1914
    Gary1914

I scanned the 6 pages into my Microwoft Word. I did it fast because I "borrowed" the letter from the files Kingdom Hall and had to return it. So then I saved the pages and named then. Then I opened a photobucket account and downloaded the saved pages.

Now I am getting this error message: *One or more pictures has an invalid format (jpg|gif|png|bmp|tif|swf)

What to do..... what to do?

• Odrade
    Odrade

Can't put a word doc (.doc) on photobucket. Save the page as a .jpg or .tif first, then upload, then link. BTW, if you use your private photobucket account, the URL will show your account name. If you use that name elsewhere that identifies you, (email, discussion boards, work,) it's an easy job to track you down.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

So the one we saw was the British version? I was not aware of that. Are there any differences?

Jeff

Edited to say: The letter seems to be US. It was originated by doinmypart, and his profile shows him to be in the US [of course that may be incorrect.] At this thread; http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/16/104091/1.ashx Was doinmypart's letter US or Brit?

• Gary1914
    Gary1914

Oh yes, it's the very same letter. Thank goodness. I was really struggling here.

Glad you saw the letter. Whew!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit