Library of Congress & the Watchtower publications...

by Rabbit 11 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Rabbit
    Rabbit

Does anybody know what is stored there ? I was under the impression that all periodicals and books published, at least in the USA, were stored there.

So-o, if they would have all the 'old stuff', wouldn't that be an interesting thing to point out to active JW's ? The one's who don't think anything has been changed ?

Could this info be copied, for reference & research purposes only, of course ?

Discuss - discuss...

Rabbit

• Mysterious
    Mysterious
    The Library of Congress is the nation's oldest federal cultural institution and serves as the research arm of Congress. It is also the largest library in the world, with more than 130 million items on approximately 530 miles of bookshelves. The collections include more than 29 million books and other printed materials, 2.7 million recordings, 12 million photographs, 4.8 million maps, and 58 million manuscripts.

1. Does the Library have a copy of every book published in the United States?

No, but it does have more than 17 million books, as well as nearly 95 million maps, manuscripts, photographs, films, audio and video recordings, prints and drawings, and other special collections.

2. http://www.loc.gov/
      Might want to check out their website. It seems like they have a fair bit of information on how to access the collection on it as well.
  • Leolaia
    Leolaia
    LC Control Number: sf 88092422
    Type of Material: Serial (Periodical, Newspaper, etc.)
    Brief Description: Golden age [microform].
    Brooklyn, Golden Age Pub. Co. [etc.]
    19 v. 28 cm.
    v. 1-19; Oct. 1919-Sept. 1937.

CALL NUMBER: Microfilm 04076
    -- Request in: Microform Reading Room (Jefferson, LJ139B)

--- Dang, I spent two weeks at the LOC earlier this year and never thought to check this out....

• Rabbit
    Rabbit

http://catalog.loc.gov/cgi-bin/Pwebrecon.cgi?Search%5FArg=watchtower&Search%5FCode=NAME%5F&CNT=25&PID=17378&BROWSE=3&HC=37&SID=6

I found this catalog of 'WT' stuff and the NWT bible of 1955.

I'll have to take some time here

Rabbit

• truthsetsonefree
    truthsetsonefree

I checked this out some months ago. Its all there. What their site directs is to prearrange what materials you would like to read so they can be pulled and ready when you arrive. They also have a photocopying service.

• JT
    JT

when i was at bethel in the bindery, each publication was saved and a copy sent to the library of congress-

we would run and ck copies until we had a perfect one with perfect edges, no glue ozzing out of the hardback cover, it could take 100's to find just the perfect 4 or 5 that were set aside and set to the library of congress

• johnny cip
    johnny cip

am; i to get the idea that we can read golden age mag's from the library of congress. site. i tried clicking. but only got a listing of dates etc. i think i'm missing something here. any help. please. john

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

johnny....No, you need to go to the Library of Congress yourself, request the microfilm, and view it on a microfilm reader.

• johnny cip
    johnny cip

thanks leolaia; i figured as much. boy i haven't seen a microfilm machine since high school.

• Rabbit
    Rabbit

JT

when i was at bethel in the bindery, each publication was saved and a copy sent to the library of congress-

Very interesting.

Leolaia, I noticed some buttons on the pages that said you could E-mail 'things' to people. Is this just the catalog or microfiche # ?

If someone goes there...can copies be made of anything ?

What about the copyright issue ?

Rabbit

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit