You might be an Islamist if......

by Shining One 19 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• hibiscusfire
    hibiscusfire

You might be an islamist if you pray to a black stone and wear a hijab and claim holy war (crime).

• Shining One
    Shining One

1.The point is Rex. it doesn't matter if it was christian or not. They had the same god(jesus) and all had the same set of instructions to live by given by he himself.
    Of course it matters if it was 'Christian or not'. The instructions are the crux of the argument and the primary reason for the behavior.
    > 2. The bible doesn't say we should kill each other......
    There is my point. The rest of your post is nor relevant to the argument.
    Rex

• greendawn
    greendawn

The Moslems have been running their countries post colonially for half a century yet they completely failed to produce democratic systems that properly respect human rights. Islam and democracy don't mix.

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

I think, gumby your argument would have been better if you had used the crusades. During which in Muslim towns that were taken the women and children were routinely gutted to make sure they hadn't swallowed their valuables. Or the atrocities of the Spanish inquisition speak for themselves!

I think what shiny knob is trying to say though is that all of the atrocities your speaking of (and those above) are derived from man's interpretation of what the bible says. No where in the bible does Jesus say "kill everyone that doesn't believe what I've told you" so anyone who DOES kill is NOT doing the will of god! On the other hand the Koran DOES say "kill everyone that doedn't believe what I've told you" so when Muslims kill people it's not their interpretation that is suspect it is the entire book that underlines the belief! Any Muslim who says "you shouldn't kill infidels" is going AGAINST the prophet and the Koran! Any christian who says "you SHOULD kill heretics" is going against the book! See the difference?

Of course we could go into the 250,000 innocent woman who were burned as witches in keeping with the bible, but who has the time...

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

Muslim fundamentalism has about as bad a record as Christian fundamentalism. You've itemized the Muslim excesses, but the Christians have their crusades and inquisitions that are every bit as reprehensable. Both Islam and Christianity can be forces for good and bad. Painting the entire group as evil based on the actions of a few simply perpetuates the hate. Why take this angle, Rex? Why not perpetuate the love?

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz
    hmmm... reminds me of a country close to where i live, and i don't mean Greenland.

Ummm... Cuba?

• Shining One
    Shining One

MKR,
    Let's talk about today, not the medevial ages where few were able to read, much less have access to the Bible.
    >I think, gumby your argument would have been better if you had used the crusades. During which in Muslim towns that were taken the women and children were routinely gutted to make sure they hadn't swallowed their valuables. Or the atrocities of the Spanish inquisition speak for themselves!
    Really? Please state your reference and proof. Also, were they following Christian teachings if they did indeed do this 'routinely'? The Inquisition is just as irrelevant.
    >I think what shiny knob is trying to say though is that all of the atrocities your speaking of (and those above) are derived from man's interpretation of what the bible says. No where in the bible does Jesus say "kill everyone that doesn't believe what I've told you" so anyone who DOES kill is NOT doing the will of god! On the other hand the Koran DOES say "kill everyone that doedn't believe what I've told you" so when Muslims kill people it's not their interpretation that is suspect it is the entire book that underlines the belief! Any Muslim who says "you shouldn't kill infidels" is going AGAINST the prophet and the Koran! Any christian who says "you SHOULD kill heretics" is going against the book! See the difference?
    You explained it quite nicely. Now, do you understand it?
    >Of course we could go into the 250,000 innocent woman who were burned as witches in keeping with the bible, but who has the time...
    Burning witches, where is that in the Bible and is it a Christian teaching? If you can't deal with the argument, why not just shut up?
    Rex

• Shining One
    Shining One

Greenie,
    Islam and democracy doesn't mix? What about Turkey, Palestine and now Iraq? Are you saying the Arabs are (as a race) too dumb or too violent to learn the ways of democracy?
    Rex

• Shining One
    Shining One

HI Runningman,

No one is hating. I am intolerant of cults that routinely kill those who would dare convert, those who dare get raped, those who want a peaceful country that is free enough to live as God intended, with inalienable rights that the government (or the church) has business denying!
    BTW, the crusades were a reaction to Islamic terror early on and it wasn't fundamentalists. The Catholic church and the papal puppets in kingdoms brought it about. Don't try to sneak any one in on fundamentlaism. That's a smear and a lie that is continuously used to try and shut down and shut up those who believe inspired scripture.

Rex

• Shining One
    Shining One

Hi Gang,
    You all so love to bash the Watchtower cult yet you defend a cult that is 100 times worse? Isn't that a little inconsistent and hypocritical?
    Rex

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit