Quotes Mirror Sites: Attempt at Making a Single Place to Report Sites

by Check_Your_Premises 26 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Check_Your_Premises
    Check_Your_Premises

It appears that the work around for the quotes site will be a long term effort. As the WT plays Whack-A-Mole with the new sites that pop up, we need to know where the new ones pop up.

So here is my attempt to bring some order to this process. Let's make this a running thread where we put all our links to the mirror sites.

The downside is that the WT will know where to go to find out where the new sites are they have to squash.

The upside is that it is alot easier to put a site up then it is for the WT to take them down!!!

Eventually they are going to mess with the wrong cat, it will go to court, and it won't matter anymore because they will lose. How the hell can it be a copyright infringement to display the crap that they run around trying to give to people in their pajamas on saturday mornings!

• Satanus
    Satanus

Devil's advocate here: why not let the search engine crawlers do it?

S

• Scully
    Scully

I don't think we should be giving the WTS any help at all in locating these sites.

Just my 2ยข

• Axelspeed
    Axelspeed
    The downside is that the WT will know where to go to find out where the new sites are they have to squash.

I think that your downside might outweigh the upside.

If there are more sites out there than I know about or can even find, I consider that a good thing. I understand your premise though.

Axel

• undercover
    undercover
    As the WT plays Whack-A-Mole with the new sites that pop up

Help a non-web savvy brutha out...

The WTS managed to shut down Quotes site that he owned. If other people copying the contents and then set up another web site showing the info, wouldn't the WTS have to go thru similar channels as used to shut Quotes down? How is that they shut down websites as they barely get going? I don't get it

• Apostanator
    Apostanator

I agree with Skully. Let the Watchtower bust their ass at finding the Moles for the Wack a Mole game.

• sinis
    sinis

I don't see what the big deal is about the WT shutting sites down if you host the site on a server in a foreign land that does not abide by US law, nor have treaties. Argentina, China, Iraq, etc. I would think servers in lands where the WTS is banned would be a good start.

• Check_Your_Premises
    Check_Your_Premises

Ok everything is a tradeoff.

If we make it harder for the WT to find the new sites that also means it is harder for us as well.

And really is it that hard for them anyway. They can just keep an eye on this site for all the new announcements about where to find the new site. I for one don't come here everyday, let alone look for the quotes website. I would like to be able to go to one spot to find the new sites.

One poster nailed it though. Really it is just a matter of setting the quotes site up offshore.

So who wants to move to Elbonia and setup the quotes mirror site?

Oh, I guess it isn't that easy.

CYP

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

All I know is, CT Russell apparently lives in China (if you have to move where your hosting is purchased) and is alive and well on www.reexamine.org

However, something tells me this cat doesn't live in China. Such a Web owner would be prosecuted under the law of the land where the site is hosted, not the land of residence. And the Watchtower Society would have to prove that (1) CT Russell exists in a legally prosecutable form and that (2) CT Russell does not have legitimate access to the resources he is making available and that (3) CT Russell INTENDED to violate copyright laws in heeding his religious compulsion.

http://www.reexamine.org/index.php/Reexamine:About

LOL! This is too rich! The WTS has unleashed a mass of creativity out here in the non-JW world.

Respectfully,
    AuldSoul

• sinis
    sinis

I know someone who hosts a site in another country just so that he would not get raided again (nothing bad, he's just a little anti-gubernet and appearently someone in gubernet doesn't like him). As of yet no one has touched him or been able to shut him down.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit