Subscriptions available to disfellowshipped Witnesses

by garybuss 18 Replies latest jw friends

• garybuss
    garybuss

IF you go to prison.

Our Kingdom Ministry July 2004 p. 3 Question BoxHow can a prison inmate obtain personal copies of the magazines?
    If the congregation caring for the preaching work at a penal institution can supply the magazines to inmates confined there, then an inmate should obtain his personal copies of the Watchtower and Awake! magazines through the visiting publishers. When this is not possible, the inmate may personally request subscriptions by writing to the branch office. Please note that disfellowshipped inmates may likewise obtain personal copies of the magazines as outlined in this paragraph.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

BUT surely not 'postates Gary?

• blondie
    blondie

That's because they can't go to the KH. It's all a crock, Gary.

Blondie

• garybuss
    garybuss

Blondie, does this mean you're not going to the joint to git a subscription? :-)

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Hell, I might sign up for that! Every cat liter-box liner magazine they send me will be a small hit in their pocket book.

Wait a minute! I was not DFed... I DAed. I wonder is DAed people can get them!

• blondie
    blondie

No, Gary, the joint won't have me. I'm too well known there.

So, Elsewhere which joint are you going to use for your address?

Blondie

• Golden Girl
    Golden Girl

Well it's a well known fact that people in prison "Find God".

I would say they are getting desperate? Maybe the door to door work isn't working anymore?

Isn't that discrimination?..Why can't others have the "Great" priviledge of getting a subscription?

I'm offended!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Snoozy...

ps...I thought even the witnesses couldn't get subscriptions anymore?

• garybuss
    garybuss

You wrote: ps...I thought even the witnesses couldn't get subscriptions anymore?

They can't:-)

• blondie
    blondie

*** km 4/02 p. 7 Continue Benefiting From The Watchtower and Awake! ***

Those

With Special Needs: If an individual displays genuine interest but lives in unassigned territory, an exception can be made to allow him to receive the magazines by mail subscription. If a person living in the congregation’s territory cannot be served by a magazine route but is sincerely interested in receiving the magazines, discuss the case with the Congregation Service Committee. If they approve, a subscription can be turned in for the interested person. The standard subscription forms (M-1 and M-101) may be used for this purpose.

km 7/04 p. 3 Question Box ***

Since the subscription arrangement for both the printed and audiocassette editions of The Watchtower and Awake! in all languages was discontinued some time ago, all publishers should obtain their magazines, audiocassettes, and MP3 CD’s through the local congregation. The exception would be Braille magazines and audiocassettes that are mailed as free matter for those who qualify. Please note that congregations may request magazines on audiocassette or MP3 CD’s on a Congregation Requests (M-202) form. Foreign-language and large-print editions should likewise be requested using this form.

If someone in your territory requests regular magazine delivery, please be sure to follow through promptly so that not even one issue is missed. Disfellowshipped persons may obtain the magazines or other literature for their personal use at the magazine and literature counter at the Kingdom Hall. Disfellowshipped persons should not be included on a personal magazine route.

The only subscriptions that the United States branch will maintain on file are for those who cannot be served by a congregation publisher through a magazine route. If the Congregation Service Committee submits a request for subscriptions for someone who cannot otherwise obtain them, the secretary should include a brief note verifying that this subscription request has been reviewed and approved by the Congregation Service Committee.

This means that publishers should not write to the branch office to request personal subscriptions. Any such requests for subscriptions made by publishers or by interested persons will be referred back to the congregation.

• Honesty
    Honesty

I guess Blondie's post shows the WTBT$ has effectively put an end to this promise:

Rev 22:17 Both the Spirit and the bride say, “Come!” Anyone who hears should say, “Come!” And the one who is thirsty should come. Whoever desires should take the living water as a gift.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit