Preaching a drag

by Inquisitor 16 Replies latest jw friends

• Inquisitor
    Inquisitor

Anyone here still goes from door to door despite a reluctance to serve the interests of the WTS??

I know i'll have to when I see my folks in a coupla weeks time. Have to keep up the appearance that all is well. God, I'm such a hypocrite. How frustrating! I've actually thought of designing my own tract for the householder. One that says, "Please don't take the mags!! I'm begging you!! You don't know what you're in for. And I don't want to have to come back next Sunday to see you cos I'm gonna fake my demise!"

INQ

• blondie
    blondie

How to Waste Time in the Ministry

1) Get a late start; try and find a group that meets at 9:30 or even 10.

2) Visit after the prayer is said for about 15 minuts; go in your own car by yourself or with a person who likes to waste time too

3) Do d2d for about 30 minutes or less; then suggest return visits.

4) Pray for rain, snow, bad weather, deadly cold, etc.

5) After 20 minutes of rvs; request to go to the bathroom at a Stop and Rob. Take your time, get some good reading before you go in.

6) Take a coffee break at the best donut shop, get several donuts and cups of coffee, and chat, chat, chat.

7) It should be close to 11:45--go home

• Sheepish
    Sheepish

Before I left, I got to the point I couldn't stomach the thought of pushing the mags. I just offered a scripture & wished the householder a "Good day". It took a lot of pressure off before I could actually just stop. Hope someday you can take a stand & do the same. In the meantime, don't be too hard on yourself. When you have fully decided you find it easier to do what you want.

• jgnat
    jgnat

You could print off some nice bookmarks with links to www.freeminds.org , www.silentlambs.org and www.ajwrb.org . Slip them inside the Watchtowers and Awakes. If they are small enough your partner shouldn't notice.

• serendipity
    serendipity

Hi Inquisitor,

Here are some more suggestions: http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/12/102928/1.ashx

• Poztate
    Poztate
    3) Do d2d for about 30 minutes or less; then suggest return visits.

I once suggested going to an old BS of mine. He lived 30 miles out of the territory now but nobody in the car group seemed to object to the drive. The "wt taxi meter" was still ticking.

Liked to go in rural territory with six in the car. Houses were a mile apart. Nice relaxing morning...

• Tuesday
    Tuesday

I thought you said Preaching in Drag, that sounds like a great idea. I mean as long as you either have short hair that doesn't cover your ears or a skirt that is below the knee, you should be fine right?

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

Now this is a great idea..........

I've actually thought of designing my own tract for the householder. One that says, "Please don't take the mags!! I'm begging you!! You don't know what you're in for. And I don't want to have to come back next Sunday to see you cos I'm gonna fake my demise!"

Where is Richie Rich when you need him? I'm sure he could come up with some goodies.

Yeah......for those who still have to do the occasional knock on the doors.............why not have an anti JW tract printed that says something about ............ "I have to do this to be accepted by family and friends even though I don't want to. I actually hate it and what I am told to tell you is false. Please beware of JW's."

Then there could be a list of all the internet sites that have all the pertinent info that exposes them.

HappyDad

• Inquisitor
    Inquisitor

Wow.. judging from your responses, you people are really pro's at this huh? Hmm lemme guess, this topic is often revisited? (got that link, serendipity, cheers!)

Well a big thank you to you all for your ideas and contributions. Those were kind words, Sheepish. You're sweet ;)

Tuesday, you cracked me up there. I had thought that the title would make people think of preaching to a drag, not as one. hahahahahaha! That's a splendid idea you know, I'd love to see the expression on old Bro. Grimace Self-Righteous when I stumble into my meeting-for-field, in high heels, adjusting my bra straps!! Course I'd have to be moderately inebriated to pull that stunt. God, how many sins can you commit in one morning?!!

I'll see what I can come up with this weekend, jgnat and happydad. I was merely kidding around when I talked about a tract, but yknow, we might be on to something here...

INQ

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

I am a pro at half-hearted witnessing. Actually, I am quite adept and pathetic - it is the product of 4 years of pioneering with a bunch of older pioneers who knew all the tricks. Follow these easy steps and your morning will go by a little less slow.

1. Be the last one to leave the hall after the field service meeting. Linger and chit-chat with people. If you are a brother with "privileges," fumble around behind the literature counter like your'e taking care of necessary business.

2. If door-to-door seems inevitable, offer to go do X street alone. If there is an even number of JW's in the car, pair up with a talker or someone whom you don't care shrugging off every door to, saying stuff like "ah, I'm a bit nervous today, why don't you go ahead," or "i'd like to see how you use that fantastic presentation" or some such bullcrap.

3. By no circumstance are you to bring your own territory! You forgot it at home.

4. 10:20am: Ask to be driven to a bathroom. Take about 15-20 minutes; everyone will think you have diarrhea or something and will be sympathetic for the rest of the morning.

5. 10:30-10:40am: Coffee break. There is always someone in the car group who really wants a break. This should be the easiest step in this list.

6. Once you get back in the car, mention how you have this one guy (or woman) you really need to see this morning, but that he gets up late and you need to drop by his house about 11:30. This way you have cut the next hour in half, further discouraging a return to door-to-door. At this point someone should offer a bunch of magazine route calls or something and you are scott free... except of course for that RV you said you needed to do. Well, all you have to do is a "drive-by" of a random house. Just drive across town, have them drive by some house somewhere, and say "oh darnit, his red truck isn't there - I'll have to try back next time... his wife hates the witnesses... [insert random bullshit]"

7. Congratulations! You have completed the morning of service with the luxury of knowing you have Jehovah's favor (until next Saturday of course).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit