Holidays . . . the two ways to look at them for a Witness

by garybuss 12 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• MungoBaobab
    MungoBaobab
    Go past the witnesses around here on "pagan" holidays and they'll be woopping it up in the backyard pool - certainly not at work. I think that says it all for me.

Yeah, but how can you go to work when the damn place is closed?!

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

Two jw families that I had in mind (who work for themselves in small manufacturing) are still woopping it up after everyone else is in bed.

• garybuss
    garybuss

Accepting payment for not working while others observe the holiday is observing the holiday. In public school, my brother and I had to sit while others stood and saluted the flag. If we would have stood, we would have been "participating". By silently taking the day off in "observation" of the holiday and accepting payment again in observation of the holiday . . . is in fact, observing the holiday.

The Witnesses condemned the Catholic Church in Nazi Germany for not protesting against Hitler and said that because the Catholic Church didn't "protest", they were guilty of agreement. By equal application of principle, the Jehovah's Witness people are guilty of agreeing with holiday observations by not protesting and by accepting observation money and by the many other listed ways.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit