Attacking the elders, can that bring down the cult??

by Crazyguy 29 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Oubliette
    Oubliette
    Crazyguy, Even if the scenario you suggested played out as you suggested in your OP, it would require the word to spread among the elders in order to have any affect on individual elders.
    The WTBTS has carefully cultivated a culture that keeps the average R&F JWs completely insulated from any news stories critical of the organization.
    Ask the average JW if they know who Candace Conti is or if they know about the 20 court cases currently pending against the organization all related to pedophilia and you will almost certainly get blank stares of ignorance.

• Giordano
    Giordano

The pedophile issue is slowly being noticed by the R & F. It's the kind of thing that doesn't go away. Once again thank the internet as nothing is ever forgotten.

The best result I can see is to do what many states now demand if an Elder or R & F witness is told about a child molesting........... pass the information on to the police immediately so they can conduct a proper investigation.

Reverse the order of things......... Your an Elder and a possible child molestation takes place.......... the safety of the victim comes first along with reporting the situation to the police. A police investigation follows........if it's true the Court decides the punishment then you contact the Society.

The Society can not be trusted to do the right thing in these cases's.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The Borg has left out in the cold the victims of child molesters all to save their reputation and have used the elders to do their bidding in these evil works.

I wouldn't go as far as that, the WTS has created strict guidelines on to elders in how they are to handle situations of possible acts of pedophilia with congregations.

The elders for example are instructed to firstly call the legal office of the WTS. to discuss appropriate procedures.

There has been of course the instruction laid down to not openly expose what these individuals have done to get perhaps DFed, which is the reason why the Candance Conti case developed and the large fine ordered against the WTS.

In reality Kingdom Halls or other religious institutions should be a highlighted focus in public social center in to make it known that a individual who attends their services or is involved within the congregation has had a problem or is under investigation for having this kind of problem.

Why ?

Because these individuals may exploit and take advantage of the preconceived notion that people who attend these religious environments are all trust worthy wholesome law abiding people.

To use an old phrase a wolf in sheep clothing.

• TimDrake1914
    TimDrake1914
    I used to be an elder. A small part of the reason why I resigned was for fear of this happening, considering the many pending child abuse cases in the pipeline. Having had a part in at least investigating one really old child abuse case (for WT lawyers), I was afraid that if things got really bad, it would eventually fall back on the elders more than likely. Granted, "waking up" to the TTATT was mostly the main reason. But this was definitely also something that was in the back of my mind that contributed to the decision to step down.
  • Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Filing a law suit on to a single individual or a small group of individuals in a church environment is a extremely hard thing to do especially when they technicality didn't commit any known crime.

The only time when it would be possible is when religious clergy are forced by law to openly acknowledge within their congregations that someone has been convicted of pedophilia but they didn't take the steps in accordance to that law.

Some States/countries are starting to adopt this law and thats a good thing.

Personally I think all religious institutions should be placed under a law such as that for the protection of the general public.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Giordano - "It's the kind of thing that doesn't go away."

Always important to remember.

• MissFit
    MissFit
    I am wondering if the WT can make the case that the elders "evidently" didnt follow their instructions carefully, therefore the WT is not responsible.
  • hoser
    hoser
    MissFit15 minutes ago
    I am wondering if the WT can make the case that the elders "evidently" didnt follow their instructions carefully, therefore the WT is not responsible.

exactly the plan and throw them under the bus
  • redvip2000
    redvip2000
    Don't think there is much of a case against elders. Nor there should be. These folks are micromanaged to the slightest detail by the "mothership". They simply do what they are told
  • SonoftheTrinity
    SonoftheTrinity
    Get a subpoena for the entire GB, that is the one thing that is going to bring them down to earth.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit