Attacking the elders, can that bring down the cult??

by Crazyguy 29 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Magnum
    Magnum
    _Morpheus - good point
  • millie210
    millie210

Magnum when you say two of the hardest positions, what do you mean? Are you referring to the work involved? Like I would imagine the Ministry School conductor has to work pretty hard.

I would think the Service Overseer actually has to "go out in service" which a lot of elders just pay token heed to...

then again, I have heard Secretarys complain that the paperwork load is back breaking, so I was interested in your perspective - seeing as I was not an elder (its that woman thing ya know~)

I have to say that your post really touched me because I have seen elders just like you and it is a massive and thankless load they carry.

• William Penwell
    William Penwell
    A legal firm would not go after the elders but if it is a criminal act than it will be the state that will go after these elders. I think a few of these elders being thrown in jail will discourage more R&F dubs to wanting to be elders.
  • millie210
    millie210
    I think you are right W. Penwell. I dont think elders want to go to jail these days. There are too many alive still that saw how that worked out over the draft issue of the 60s.
  • Magnum
    Magnum
    millie210, I will let you know through PM (don't want to give too many clues to org spies). I can tell you that it was two of the positions you mentioned. There were not enough qualified elders, so I served in two capacities simultaneously.
  • _Morpheus
    _Morpheus
    Oh i can tell you loud and proud: secretary sucked, but at leadt i could do that at my leisure. School overseer was aweful because u need friends to show up and that was dicey at best.
  • Magnum
    Magnum
    _Morpheus, you definitely know your stuff when it comes to elder positions. I PMed you.
  • Magnum
    Magnum
    Another thing I thought of is that I believe that some, if not a lot of, elders would actually enjoy being viewed as martyrs. They'd like the attention and glory they'd get. They might sort of be viewed as heroes or warriors by other JWs.
  • millie210
    millie210

I guess that is true too Magnum. There are several varied psychologies at work among elders.

Martyrdom is one. Small town corrupt cop is my current favorite. (not)

• truthseekeriam
    truthseekeriam

I totally agree with Magnum there are some elders that will completely embrace the idea of being a martyr. I've seen it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit