Does it shock you that there are so few people on this board?

by free2beme 31 Replies latest jw friends

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

How so, icare4u?

• mustang
    mustang

Not all all; in addition to all of the reasons mentioned above, there is that old bug-bear of WTS: THE CARES OF THE WORLD. Life keeps us busy.

Mustang

• metatron
    metatron

If you read lots of new posters here, often fear holds them back. They just want to get away quietly and not 'get caught'.

The only thing that surprizes me is the lack of physical confrontation about disfellowshipping. Perhaps that's for the best.

metatron

• serendipity
    serendipity

Hi icare4u,

Welcome to the forum! I too am interested would be interested in some examples of who is unpleasant to new ones. I personally think most newbies are welcomed unless s/he is an ardent WTS apologist.

• JH
    JH

Click on "Member directory" on top of the page and count all those who joined this board since the beginning.

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

I know lots of JWs who have left from my old congregation, but essentially none of them post here. I know of only two from my entire former circuit that post. That is out of dozens and dozens who have left the Witnesses. Most check out a few things online, and some have lurked here, but I would estimate that it's a very small percentage of those who leave that go online or that become anti-Witness activists.

S4

• free2beme
    free2beme

I mentioned this place to a friend once who is a former Witness and his reaction was, why would I want to talk to all those hateful people. I think some who walk away still have a negative impression of former Witnesses.

• Legolas
    Legolas

Welcome Icare4u to the board!

• Spectrum
    Spectrum

I taught my young JW neice to use forums as a way practising her English, using her mind instead of telly and computer games. Yesterday she saw JWD forum in my browser and immediately said she wanted to join but her older JW brother standing near by retorted with, 'oh they are all idiots on here don't go on it'.
    I was sadened by the event because I knew that he had no idea what he was talking about and where he was being lead.

• Sheepish
    Sheepish

I've had a computer at home for about 5 years, and it never occurred to me to go to a chat site...not to mention an exjw one.I just don't have that kind of time to spend. I came here from a site that had info for helping family out of the org. I was pretty thrilled to find this one, and that there were lots of others out there (who had left) in various stages of healing. I had found one other that did not allow you to commment, and lurked there a few times. but it was annoying to use. If I had found this site while still a witness it would have been tantamount to National treason in my mind to frequent it.But I really wish i had found it a few years earlier.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit