Home from Circuit Assembly

by RichieRich 31 Replies latest jw friends

• zack
    zack

Hi Richie,

I always want to come up and say hello. Maybe someday I will.

I've enjoyed your posts and have found your pics pretty brave. Take care and hang in there.

Z----

• Darth Yhwh
    Darth Yhwh

willyloman, good point. I was thinking the same thing and going to reply accordingly unitl I noticed you beat me too it.

Hey Richie, don't you just love leaving the assembly early, avoiding all the commuting JW's, waiting patiently for your turn to leave the parking lot when all you really want to do is stand on the throttle? LOL. Glad to hear your day wasn't a total loss. Sorry to hear you'r mom is not feeling well. Tell her Darth Yhwh wishes her well! LOL

Jgnat, I've never heard of JW's having to do reports before. Is this something he took on his own initiative or was the an actuall assignment (type of punishment) from the local body of elders?

• heathen
    heathen

yah you missed the part where they start shaking people down of more money . Some time after lunch they go into , uh oh we aren't going to cover our exspences , and then it's nothing short of a miracle at the end that somehow they stretched the numbers to cover it all .....

• mkr32208
    mkr32208
    my hubby has to write a report because he did not display the appropriate humility.

What, did he smack one of them across the mouth? Why NOT?

• lucifer
    lucifer

i always hated assemblies, long and boring for the most part, took away from my time off school on the weekends, and do you know where they were held, yup in the school itself, shame on them

• bailabklyn
    bailabklyn

I think I donated $15 ... maybe $20 the whole 21 years I was in the bOrg (born & raised in it).

• jgnat
    jgnat

Hubby clarified things for me somewhat. He's to study the scriptures on humility, meekness and forgiveness, then meet with Elder Nosedisjoint to discuss his deficiencies. My hubby's, not the elder's.

• GoingGoingGone
    GoingGoingGone

Richie -

So glad you survived the assembly. One of your last, huh?

jgnat -

He's to study the scriptures on humility, meekness and forgiveness, then meet with Elder Nosedisjoint to discuss his deficiencies. My hubby's, not the elder's.

This sounds absolutely insane to me. How can they dare treat a grown man that way??!!? I'd be furious. Maybe I need to write a report on humility... NOT!!!!

GGG

• zagor
    zagor

Were attendees reminded of costs of assembly and thanked several times on their understanding of costs involved and appropriate support in that regard?

Last few assemblies I remember it used to run as a special announcement. Everyone would think wow there gotta be something extra special with special announcement. And it was “give us more money” LMAO

• SWALKER
    SWALKER

RR---Glad you didn't have to stay for that last afternoon session...boring....

jgnat---After your hubby writes that report, wouldn't it be funny if the dog ate it???

Swalker (knows dogs well)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit