Home from Circuit Assembly

by RichieRich 31 Replies latest jw friends

• RichieRich
    RichieRich

As some of you knew, my circuit assembly was this weekend (Dec 24 and 25).

The theme was "clothe yourselves with the new personality".

I guess the society has to reinforce the idea of humility, because apparently, you can't mislead haughty people.

from the sound of the accounts report, people are voting with their wallets.

Nothing particularly egregrious was said.

Luckily my mother had a fever this morning, so we got to leave at lunch. I was so happy I couldn't even go to sleep during the morning session.

I really don't have much to say, just that I'm home.

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

During the WT study about 3 weeks ago, the conductor said that sheep (sybolic of what JW's should be) always listen to the pastor. and when being slaughtered they do not complain or rebel!

I was about to say, if this is the case I rather be a goat than a sheep. I guess God wants to feed us till we are ready to be eaten!

• Aude_Sapere
    Aude_Sapere

Merry Christmas to you, too, Richie!!

Sounds like it was a beautiful one. Mine was spent cleaning my garage, though. I think I had the better time...!!

-Aude.

• Confession
    Confession

Glad to hear it was a short day for you, Richie. Hang in there; your freedom will come.

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

I always resented when they had assemblies/conventions on a holiday weekend, thus sucking up what little vacation time a witness had anyway.

I am so glad you are here, Richie, I always get a laugh at your take on things.

My weekend: shopping Saturday, cleaning.

Sunday: had family over, a mix of a very liberal witness granny and my df'd son and wife, and fading son.

It was a GREAT day.

• in a new york bethel minute
    in a new york bethel minute

but who the F has an assembly on christmas weekend? oh! witnesses, that's who!

• Quentin
    Quentin

Glad to hear you survived...stay sharp...

• delilah
    delilah
    Glad you're home safe and sound Richie. I feel for you, but just bide your time. You're day will come,and you will be set free.
  • jgnat
    jgnat
    apparently, you can't mislead haughty people

Yes, hubby and I are experiencing that right now. Hubby has to write a five page report, single spaced, on the meaning of meekness and humility. To be delivered to the elders along with his gonads in a paper bag.

Wanna help me write it?

• Spectrum
    Spectrum

Richie,
    If you don't like the JW Christianity why do you still go?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit