tetrapod: a year ago today....

by tetrapod.sapien 23 Replies latest jw friends

• Narkissos
    Narkissos
    i was standing at my kitchen counter, and i tried thinking back to the mind set i was in a year ago. i tried to re-experience that type of anguish that only lurkers, and people who are still JWs experience when they are all alone, but know it's not the truth anymore. i really really tried to feel it again, but i couldn't. i know what it is, technically, but recreating the feeling escapes me.
    i am glad our human world has something like this. a break from existence. sure, not everyone is happy or relieved at xmas. but i am, and i will try to live it for them too.

tetra, nice seeing you, as ever.

*Fetched a glass of nice Burgundy to share it with you...*

Here's to your peace, which cannot be the same as anyone else's.

Merry Christmas.

Take care.

• kazar
    kazar

Nice post Tetra. I found this line from your post especially moving.

i tried to re-experience that type of anguish that only lurkers, and people who are still JWs experience when they are all alone, but know it's not the truth anymore.

• zagor
    zagor

Cheers mate, have another one on me :)

• SWALKER
    SWALKER

Picturing you have a drink at 7 a.m. brought me back to reality!!! Thanks for waking me up from this merry day!!!

Swalker

• Double Edge
    Double Edge
    you jwd posters; the ones i have never interacted with; the ones who are not crazy about me; and the ones who actually like me: i'll have a sip for each and every one of you today!

back at 'cha. Merry Christmas !!

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

Tetra:

I'm one of the ones that has totally enjoyed you being here. I've defended you once or twice. I think I understand.

S4

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

Cheers, Tetra!

• chrissy
    chrissy

" i know it will be over soon, and that my regular problems will be back to bitch-slap me around some more. but it's nice to appreciate it for what it is, right now, today."

well then, i declare it xmas day today and every day hereafter!

:)x

hugs for the rest of your journeys...may they be free of anger and self destruction. ((((TS)))

chrissy

• DannyBloem
    DannyBloem

best wishes Josh,

Your strory is very recorgnizable. I am in it, but just in a one year cycle later....
    Your posts in the last months helped me a lot.

Danny

• freedomlover
    freedomlover

tetra -

thanks for this post. gave me lots of courage yesterday and gave me something to reflect on since I am in that spot your were a year ago when you wouldn't let yourself enjoy xmas till next year. looking forward to it though....

but it still seems there is something magical about it. something that, for a few days once a year, makes you feel a little better about life. and that's the essence. i always knew it as a JW, but never experienced it.

................loved to hear you talk about the magic of xmas. there is something magical about it, and I think we humans need the break from insanity, er reality more than we admit.

if you let the pain of leaving the truth get better, it will get better. but you have to be brave, and have some spare brain cells

been kind of a painful week for me because of the fact I'm leaving, but thanks for the reminder. it does get better......just wish there wasn't so much lost along the way.

hope your xmas was great. (pouring myself a guiness) cheers bud! - freedomlover

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit