Witnesses LOVE Christmas Lights!

by gumby 26 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• gumby
    gumby

I don't know how publishers in your neck of the woods veiws Christmas Lights......but all the ones I've been around since being born into this religion........loves to see all the lights. We even used to get a map in the paper that showed where those lived with huge decorations and go see them. Some entire blocks would get together and do all their yards and we witnesses would drive around to see it all.

Can you imagine the Israelites hiking over the mountain to watch to pagans celebrate their pagan festivities and the Israelites admiring the huge fires and smoke they would make?

Gumby

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Oh goodness grumbacious!

Can you imagine the Israelites hiking over the mountain to watch to pagans celebrate their pagan festivities and the Israelites admiring the huge fires and smoke they would make?

But they did!

• HoChiMin
    HoChiMin

AAAhhhh can we watch the sex worship at the temple tonight daddy?

• Goldminer
    Goldminer

A lot of witnesses around here also like christmas lights.I remember one year we were down visiting in Niagara Falls and we went out at night to see the city's beautiful christmas lights arrangement.

Goldminer

• gumby
    gumby
    But they did!

Yes Ozmeister......and they got in trouble for it.

If witnesses truly believed this day is a god dishonoring holiday, is part of Christendom with Satan as it's backer, and that the lights are a carry-over of the pagans lighting fires and candles to scare away evil spirits (demons), then in all honesty, they should be appalled by all of it........not amused and entertained to the point of driving around to see it all.

Gumby

• Scully
    Scully

My mom has this thing for Christmas lights too. She decided to put up white lights around the back deck "for the pool" (yeah, right! ) and leave them up all year long. She gets to have her cake and eat it too. The Elders™ can't do a thing about it if they want to be welcome to use the swimming pool in the summer. LOL

But when we put up lights and we're engaging in False Worship™. Go figure.

• gumby
    gumby

Scully.....LMAO

My mom has this thing for Christmas lights too. She decided to put up white lights around the back deck "for the pool" (yeah, right! ) and leave them up all year long. She gets to have her cake and eat it too.

My sweet little mom does stuff like that too. I'm glad we have "jack dubs". They live reality in spite of their leaders wishes.

Merry Christmas ya little bastardette

Gumby

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas

Personally, Gumbo, I'm appalled that you're so appalled at the Witnesses for not being appalled.

Except for the pretty lights, the whole thing is exceedingly appalling.

j

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

My first date with my wife was seing the fireworks in NYC during some holiday.

My wife's friend says that at bethel they go to the roof to see the 4th july fireworks

• bigmouth
    bigmouth

yeah,the elders down here seem to be attracted to Christmas lights like moths to a flame.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit