What's under your tree?

by simplesally 12 Replies latest jw friends

• simplesally
    simplesally

My 4 year old is with her dad for Christmas Eve and I shall get her in the morning. I have Santa's presents all under the tree for her already!!! I called her dad and told him to stop by my house to pick up 2 of her books: Twas the Night Before Christmas and Courderoy's Christmas. I want him to read them to her tonight!! I sure wish I could see her go to bed and be so excited but tomorrow will be coming up faster than I know it.

So, what's under the tree? Lots and lots of gifts!! I got her the Skydancer she has been dying for and her Barbie Princess Magical Talking Kitchen. She will die. I got her stocking all stuffed with candy and put some in mine, too, because she would be sad if Santa forgot me. There is a present from me to her --- a beautiful nightgown, it is so beautiful and has ribbons hanging on it. There are presents from her Nana and Papa, her aunts and cousins, her present from Sassy and lots of presents from some strangers.

One of the manufacturers that I work with, well, the employees heard I had cancer from a mutual customer of ours and they heard I was a single mom of a 4 year old. A special Santa Claus showed up at my work with a car load of presents and a check to help with my medical expenses. I will tell you all just what was wrapped up for us when we open them up tomorrow!!

Hope you all have a very Merry Christmas!

• CaptainSchmideo
    CaptainSchmideo

Sally, good to hear from you! Glad you are going to enjoy your holiday with your young 'un.

How is treatment going, if that is not too personal a question to ask?

• Carmel
    Carmel

No tree but shiny new pickup truck in the driveway!

• ballistic
    ballistic

I have a nice tree, but no presents, I am going to have a nice christmas but think ex-jw. Christmas is all about family isn't it.

• codeblue
    codeblue

I am so happy to see you posting!!!

What a nice thing for them to do for you!!!

We don't have a tree...but we exchanged gifts...NOdenial's first xmas gifts...lol HE looked like an 8 year old boy opening them....lol

hugs to ya,

Codeblue

• Benjamin Belial
    Benjamin Belial

The answer to this is the same answer to the question they ask on those commercials, "What's in your wallet?"

Nothing.

• atypical
    atypical

Tree? A light. I couldn't care less about a tree. I just wish to god I was sitting with all my family tonight.

• atypical
    atypical

Ok, now I feel bad. I wish I had the guts to put up a tree. Merry Christmas to all of you who do have a tree, and many presents under it.

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

I never got around to putting up a tree, but I do have gifts for everyone. I just put them in front of the fireplace. I was really suprised to find out that everyone was so excited that they had a gift. Even my husband asked, "What did you get me?".

My oldest wanted to open hers early. Poor kid missed out on a lot of Christmas-es (however you spell it plural).

• oldflame
    oldflame

Simplesally,

I am thankful for those who have helped you, it is very uplifting to see that there are people out there who do really care. There is no tree here at my house and no gifts. Not that I don't celebrate but rather there are no kids here, no wife so why bother. I guess it is a little depressing that my family here where I live are JW and I just didn't feel like traveling this year to celebrate.

Just a few friends over today, a bottle of fine whiskey and a football game are my plans for today.

I wish you and your daughter a blessed christmas and I pray for healing for you ....God Bless you

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit