Quotes - Press Release

by wombat 30 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• wombat
    wombat

Could someone compose a suitable Press Release that we could forward to our local media ?

• inbyathread
    inbyathread

For decades, Jehovah’ Witnesses have believed that Religious Leaders of other denominations have used deception and mischief to prevent the Witnesses from proselytizing on the streets and at your door.

How ironic that this same group of people use deception and mischief to prevent you from reading what the Watch Tower society says from its own publications.

Copyright laws prevent individuals from benefiting from the writings from another author. Fair Use Laws provide individuals, the right to use quotations of excerpts of a book or magazine in a review or criticism for purposes of illustration or comment.

An internet website has recently been effectively shut down by the lawyers of the Watch Tower Society. The reason? Because this website “embarrassed them” Who paid for this? You did. When Jehovah’s Witness came to your door, providing you with the latest copies of their magazines or possibly a book, and asked for a modest donation to their “World Wide Work”.

The next time the Witnesses come knocking, asking for a modest donation. Think about it. Is the money really being used to further the spreading of God’s Word? Or is it just lining some ones pockets.

• MerryMagdalene
  • AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

Working on it...Oh, DannyHaszard? Have you any suggestions for word count for maximum probability of publishing?

Respectfully,
    AuldSoul

• Bryan
    Bryan

Your News Release should not be more than one page; 12pt; 1 1/2 spaced.

Bryan

• Rig Boy
    Rig Boy

I can do you a professional release. Just give me the content.

• Kristofer
    Kristofer

I am brand new to this site and I am writing this for anyone that cares about the website that was shut down by the WTBS. I thought it was one of the best sites I have ever come across and now it is no longer available. Last night I spent 3 hours copying most of it's info on my hard-drive into separate WORD documents and you can too! If you go to Yahoo.com and type in the search engine "quotes.watchtower.ca", all the pages will appear. HOWEVER, if you simply click on the heading link, you will get a blank page that says ACCESS FORBIDDEN. HOWEVER, below the heading and description of the website, you will find a link that says "CACHED" These are what is called "spider shots" of webpages. Click on the CACHED link and you will find a rough layout of the website but all the info is there. None of it is highlighted in the helpful way it used to be, but there are italics and the info is there. I suggest that anyone wanting to not lose this valuable info, do this now and copy and paste each of these pages onto a separate WORD document on their hard-drive. THESE PAGES WILL SOON DISAPPEAR!!!!!!!!!

• Scully
    Scully

Kristofer

Welcome to the site.

I notice that this is the third time you are posting exactly the same message. I have removed the second (identical to the first) topic that you posted.

You are more than welcome to participate, just please don't spam the board with repeat messages.

back to your regularly scheduled topic....

• Bryan
    Bryan

News Release News Release News Release

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:

Phone: (***) ***-****

Email:

****@****.com

Jehovah’s Witnesses Squelch Their Own Word

In Lawsuit Over Website Quotes

"Jehovah's Witnesses, for a hundred years have given their word, just as Jesus said, “Freely”.

Knocking on doors, millions of them have offered their Watchtower and Awake magazines along with many books, free for the taking.

December 9th Peter Mosier of Toronto Canada settled a lawsuit brought by the Watchtower for $100,000, claiming he had violated copyright laws by quoting their words on his website, and that he had “embarrassed” them by quoting those same Watchtower words.

Considering the endless donations given to the Watchtower and their in-house volunteer lawyers, Mr. Mosier was forced to settle because of lack of funds to fight the huge Sect.

Newsday.com, in 1991 revealed the Watchtower as one of New York’s Top 100 Corporation, grossing almost One Billion Dollars in the U.S. alone. Mr. Mosier felt no way could David beat this Goliath.

In the settlement, Mr. Mosier gives his website name quotes.watchtower.ca to the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society of Canada and destroys all files pertaining to the site.

Feel free to tweek it.

If you want to see the full layout, pm me.

Bryan

Have You Seen My Mother

• Bryan
    Bryan

Bttt

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit