Where is heaven???

by Star Moore 15 Replies latest watchtower bible

• DavidChristopher
    DavidChristopher

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JESUS!!!!!!................IT IS GOOD TO HAVE YOU BACK!!!!!........."in the house". YOU ARE MY GOD AND SAVIOR!!!!.......AND I WOULD LIKE TO SPEND FOREVER TRYING TO REPAY YOU FOR THE "UNDESERVED KINDNESS" AND MERCY YOU HAVE "SHOWN" ME AND MY BROTHERS AND SISTERS........THANK YOU SOOOOO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!.....YOU HAVE SHOWN ME....WISHES REALLY DO COME TRUE....I HOPE I WILL NEVER LET YOU DOWN AGAIN!!!!!!

Love forever,

Judas Iscariot.

• free2beme
    free2beme

I think the idea of heaven is in line with my thoughts on the other side or crossing over to a spiritual existence. So I would say it lies in another dimension of reality that we came from and return too.

• BlessedStar
    BlessedStar

Heaven.....

let's reason this out, so here goes! The bibles says....

1.Genesis 1:1
    In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

2.Genesis 1. 6 And God said, Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters.

Genesis 1. 7 And God made the firmament, and divided the waters which were under the firmament from the waters which were above the firmament: and it was so.

Genesis 1. 8 And God called the firmament Heaven. And the evening and the morning were the second day.

3. Genesis 1:14
    And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years:

What can we get from this description?

Blessed Star

• BlessedStar
    BlessedStar

Genesis 19:24
    Then the LORD rained upon Sodom and upon Gomorrah brimstone and fire from the LORD out of heaven;

You know Jesus ascended into heaven He did not decend. To ascend means to go up.

You know this song by "Breathe" Hands to heaven?

blessedstar

• Star Moore
    Star Moore

Fair Mind and Green Dawn....I really agree..

A state of Mind...elevated.. Not a place..

Blessed Star....An elevated state of mind like going up..but in a higher spiritual state..not neccesarily up..in the body...

thanks for the posts, friends...

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

BlessedStar:

let's reason this out ... The bibles [sic] says....

Those two options are opposites. While you correctly pointed out that the bible indicates heaven is above the earth, we now know that there is no real sense in which something can be above the earth. The bible writers clearly had a very diferent view of the world to us, one which can no longer be considered as valid.

But bravo on refusing to pretend that biblical references to heaven as a physical place above the earth are allegorical. I'm curious though. Where do you think heaven is exactly?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit